Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

where the F*** is it?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 09:40 PM
2nd Gear
Default where the F*** is it?

I ordered my car the first week of August. where the heck is it. This world may not be perfect, but it was still assembled and delivered in a week. WHERE IS MY GERMAN ENGINEERED VEHICLE!?

Old 10-28-2005, 09:54 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: where the F*** is it?

In germany...

Old 10-28-2005, 09:57 PM
1st Gear

is that the avant??? ur sig says its not due til dec.

Old 10-28-2005, 10:29 PM
2nd Gear

yeah, here is the deal. the car is merkin' spec so it comes through AoA. but it never leaves the country. from the factory to Bitburg is 2 hours. it takes 53 work hours to manufacture an A4, this is an S and I got it special ordered with the options I want, but I've been seeing other forums and even this one where folks in the states are getting theirs around the same time and that is on the rail, on a boat, in the customs yard and to the local dealer in the states. WTF. I think I'm getting jacked around. Don't get me wrong, this machine is worth the wait, I just don't see how it can take as long not having to deal with the shipping. I don't even have a VIN yet.

Old 10-28-2005, 11:53 PM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: Cheese Eater

...but I've been seeing other forums...
They're MAD 'cause you're a Forum two-timer! Seeing OTHER forums? No wonder you've be signing in with Beemer on your fingertips...

ORIGINAL: Cheese Eater

I don't even have a VIN yet.
The Audi VIN-o-matic is on the fritz. DHUH! The frammazagonitzer has been loose for awhile and they hadda get a replacdement, but it's on back order[8D]

Old 10-29-2005, 09:32 PM
3rd Gear

I had to wait a while for my 2006 S4 Avant also. They told me 6-8 but it was more like 11. I think the guy was on vacation?

Old 10-31-2005, 08:52 AM
1st Gear

Cheese Eater, you mentioned Bitburg are you in Germany? Thats not unusual for the big delay on the delivery. I'm in the Bitburg/Spangdahlem area and I ordered my 03' A4 and it took them nearly 4 months to build and deliver my car from Ingolstadt. Did you order it through Auto exchange??

Old 10-31-2005, 04:27 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Suite3.0A4

Cheese Eater, you mentioned Bitburg are you in Germany? Thats not unusual for the big delay on the delivery. I'm in the Bitburg/Spangdahlem area and I ordered my 03' A4 and it took them nearly 4 months to build and deliver my car from Ingolstadt. Did you order it through Auto exchange??

yeah, and the december thing was just an estimated delivery date to spang. im still closing rhein-main but ill be out your way by mid next month.

Old 10-31-2005, 05:56 PM
Senior Administrator

POST some pics of the close out, willya? I've got LOTS of memories tied up in Rhein-Main, Neu-Isenburg, Waldorf and Frankfurt a. M. Seems like by the time a get around to visiting Germany again there won't be NE American installations left... Is Wiesbaden AB still American, or is it converted to civilian use already? I useta be assigned to what was 21st Replacement Bn, a long, long time ago...

Old 10-31-2005, 06:24 PM
1st Gear

Damn Jazz, it has been a while huh.. But you've pretty much summed it up, Rhein Main was handed over a few years ago. There was a ribbon cutting ceremony here on Spangdahlem in which both Ramstein and Spangdahlem are now considered the "Gateway to Europe". Both bases are supporting the heavies and the both have MAC terminals..how convenient. Most of the smaller bases such as Hahn, Sembach and a sh*t load of others have been converted to civilian use. I think the Wiesbaden Air Field is still goin strong. No worries Jazz, Sachsen Housing
is still available to refresh you memories..