Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Where did Audi come up with it's names?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 11:46 PM
5th Gear

yeah, which is why i called it a 'version'. I'll quote wiki for 'hey, look at this' reasons, but not for solid fact type stuff, because a lot of it isnt.

Old 09-04-2008, 02:40 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Rhino85
So what about the Q7
Queen?
Quiet?
Quick?
q for quattro
q7 quattro

x5? x for x drive
make sense right?

right?

Old 09-04-2008, 09:00 AM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

Originally Posted by AUDIjp98
a=awsome
s=sweeet!
you da man!

sometimes it's hard to see the obvious!!

Old 09-04-2008, 09:29 AM
3rd Gear

I knew the back acronym fact why Audi is "Audi". lol. But I think the "audio" part of it is coincidence. The DKW Auto Union departed and reunited. I think it was 62' that the Audi prez sold to VW and Audi became a real world wide brand. Still the model question goes unanswered. I'm another obscure info seeker, just to have upper hand in random conversations.

Old 09-04-2008, 11:18 AM
SoCal Crew Member

Well if were going to seriously consider Wikipedia as a resource then consider Oettingertanica as your answer to these questions.

Some of what wiki had is party true

The fact is that Mr. Horch suffered from dissociative identity disorder(multiple personalities) He was incapable of attending company meetings simply because his board members were never sure if he or one of his other personalities would manifest. He was kicked out of the company and then went on to continue using the Horch name where he was quickly sued by his former co-workers for usuing the name while he was no longer part of the company. He spiraled out of control where it was said that he met some turkish gypsies practicing "Creemonix" which was a combination of metal fabrication, devil worship, and demonic paint science research. Horch spent almost 10 years among the tribe of gypsies where he became there "Idua" or exalted leader. Finally Horch's orginial company went bankrupt leaving him the opportunity to start again fresh. He still had plenty of money and a loyal/talented following of gypsies to employ. To symbolize his new start as an auto maker Horch and his gypsies reversed his Idua title thus creating Audi motors.

The model names Horch created are all related to Creemonix and there "zipes" (a lot like diciples or saints)

The "A" in all of Horch's model lines referes to the 3rd dimension's Plangis Monothorpe who's name was Adveenis. He was a mighty sulligart warrior who drove through his enemies crushing them like a train. he was able to accomplish this because he had four feet.

the S-line of Audi comes from the legend of the Silotroh, a weapon of phenominal power and precision that could only be wielded by a member of the Runbark family, wealthy elite drabners who as legend has it, lived in a tree that strectched to the moon where they were neighbors to Creemo(started Creemonix) who lived on the moon and ruled the earth from it.

The "Quattro" was put into use simply because of the changing times and the fact that illegal immigrant labor workers were starting to gain recognition in our society by liberal eliteist law ***** trying to make more money so that they may purchase what they thought to be a more superior automobile like a lexus or a BMW. WTF do they know...

This is Audi according to the Oettingertanica
if you believe any of this your an idiot.

Old 09-04-2008, 11:20 AM

the A4 was the name of a rocket used by Germany in WWll, thought that was interesting.

Old 09-04-2008, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by achTTung
yeah, which is why i called it a 'version'. I'll quote wiki for 'hey, look at this' reasons, but not for solid fact type stuff, because a lot of it isnt.
c'mon man, wasnt trying to offend you. all i said was, here 'IS' the stuff from the audi website. not correcting you in any way. i read wiki all the time too, its great for finding cool stuff, just like on this forum. plus, didnt you see me congratulate you as well on the nice wiki research

Last edited by mctavish11; 09-04-2008 at 12:18 PM.
Old 09-04-2008, 12:41 PM
4th Gear

august horch is the orignial founder of audi. cause when i bought my wheels It said in a pamflit info on where my wheels came from and my wheels are made by august horch specifically made for audi to compliment the lines and orginal design. Audi was once a group our car companies that formed into a union way back in the day. I remeber reading it here on the forum also. Someone had posted the other auto names that went along with audi. here is how it came to be. The Audi emblem is four overlapping rings that represent the four marques of Auto Union. The Audi emblem symbolizes Audi amalgamation of Audi with DKW, Horch and Wanderer: the first ring represents Audi, the second represents DKW, third is Horch, and the fourth and last ring Wanderer. the four original groups that started audi.

Old 09-04-2008, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by pa4ul
august horch is the orignial founder of audi. cause when i bought my wheels It said in a pamflit info on where my wheels came from and my wheels are made by august horch specifically made for audi to compliment the lines and orginal design. Audi was once a group our car companies that formed into a union way back in the day. I remeber reading it here on the forum also. Someone had posted the other auto names that went along with audi. here is how it came to be. The Audi emblem is four overlapping rings that represent the four marques of Auto Union. The Audi emblem symbolizes Audi amalgamation of Audi with DKW, Horch and Wanderer: the first ring represents Audi, the second represents DKW, third is Horch, and the fourth and last ring Wanderer. the four original groups that started audi.
yea man i read that too,pretty interesting stuff i think. starting in 1909, i wonder if next year they will have any sort of 100 year anniversary celebration, anyone know???

Old 09-05-2008, 09:30 PM
4th Gear

**** that would be nice. Come out with a centieniel eddition of the a4 with a v12 o man that would be great! but doubtful. Great info though

Quick Reply: Where did Audi come up with it's names?