Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

When you see yourself on the news

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 09:48 PM
Default When you see yourself on the news

I did my good deed for a while after this. I didn't ask for any recognition but this was cool. I saw this in the SF Chronicle this morning, given its about My brother, Dad and and myself. I am Jason and my brother is Kyle.

RUNS IN THE FAMILY: John McFarlin insists it was no big deal that he and son Kyle jumped from their from car as two young women struggled violently with a man just outside Santa Rosa Plaza.

The McFarlins took chase after the man broke from the women and ran across B Street. Kyle, 18, tripped the guy and he and his dad, who manages the Redwood Credit Union's auto center, held him until the women handcuffed him.

The women, both loss-prevention officers with Macy's, were most thankful for the help. As humble as John is about the incident, even he finds the timing interesting.

Only days earlier his other son, Jason, 24, was driving in San Francisco and saw a car slam into a motorcyclist and flee. Jason followed the car, then grabbed the driver and held him for police.

Officers told Jason they were all the more grateful to him because the motorcyclist didn't pull through. John said he and the boys really aren't trying to save the world but they are glad they did what they did.

Old 03-27-2007, 09:55 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: When you see yourself on the news

Glad to read that good job (x2)! Given the situations I would have probably done the same thing but it leads me to wonder: should women really be incharge of store security if they can't use weapons? I don't think I'm being sexist when I say most women would not be able to properly restrain an adult male (hell evenlarge male security guards have their arms full).

Old 03-27-2007, 09:57 PM

Yeah that is exactly what my Dad said, they had no idea they were security until they slapped the cuffs on them.

Old 03-27-2007, 10:12 PM
2nd Gear

nice one man.

Old 03-27-2007, 10:39 PM
4th Gear

kudos for you and your family, its good to see some people still trying to help their fellow humans.

Old 02-08-2008, 12:29 PM

Great job...I am so glad that you and your family were able to help out the community! Thanks for making Audi owners look good.

Old 02-08-2008, 12:34 PM
Senior Administrator

...he said, 11 months later

Old 02-08-2008, 12:58 PM

thats awesome!!

Old 02-08-2008, 01:14 PM
2nd Gear

that is awesome! great job! That is one of the things I would love to do sometime. I did it at bunch at clubs i used to work at in boston and it was a real adreneline rush!

Old 02-08-2008, 02:22 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Mac_17

Only days earlier his other son, Jason, 24, was driving in San Francisco and saw a car slam into a motorcyclist and flee. Jason followed the car, then grabbed the driver and held him for police.

Officers told Jason they were all the more grateful to him because the motorcyclist didn't pull through. John said he and the boys really aren't trying to save the world but they are glad they did what they did.
So you chased down somwone who hit a motorcycle and ran??? I'm glad there are people around who do good things like this...
Especially because I've got a bike and I've heard of people doing hit and runs with motorcycles. If it was me I'd want the person caught!!!
Good job, glad there's good people like you around.

Quick Reply: When you see yourself on the news