Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

When did you first realize that your car wasn't fast (doesn't have to be current car)

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 07:42 AM
SoCal Crew Member

Twas about a week after i finished all the mods i ever hoped to do(minus an intercooler, but on really cold days when i dont drive far i think it would have done more harm than good.) After spending a couple thousand altogether doing a chip, intake, exhaust, suspension, and other small upgrades i found my self in the middle of a race with a brand new GTI which obviously had DSG cause his shifts were incredible.

I realized that night that i wasn't driving around the quick little A4 sedan i thought i was. Instead i was driving a lead sled with a busted clarion DVD played in the dash and a worn out clutch.

All my cars shortcomings were revealed after that night. I have not appreciated A4's since then.

So Hopefully when i get my new job i will be in the market for a B6 S4 Avant. Geez i love that 4.2 motor

Im gunna go all out this time too, any worthwhile bolt-on to increase the already powerful engine is going in that thing.

The End

Old 06-18-2009, 06:12 PM
1st Gear

well ive known both of my cars were slow from the first time I drove them. I grew up with a stepdad owning a non-streetlegal 69' SuperBee with a 440 running on alcohol, an uncle with a supercharged Viper GTS, and a dad that owned a 944... Ive been in some fast cars.. none of those being ones I owned lol

Ive owned a 96' Dodge Avenger, and my current 99' A6... the Avenger was a 2.5L v6, and the A6 is a 2.8 30v Quattro w/ Tiptronic... neither are fast, but I love my Audi, and its a huge upgrade from the Avenger lol