Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

What's the typical age on this forum?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 04:38 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: What's the typical age on this forum?

Eye dont sea all tha mispellings yor talking about.

Old 07-10-2006, 04:53 PM
1st Gear

I'm over it, I was all worked up over it when I first got into forum surfing. Now I just dont care, I dont capitalize half the time and I just about never use apostrophes. You have to realize its just the internets adaptation of the spoken accent. Some people are more eloquent, some more concise, some reflect their level of education and some of us choose to ignore it completely. I'm a linguist by trade and while nothing bothers me more than bad grammar, your pronunciation and spelling are entirely flexible. Just because their is spelled thier and the becomes teh and your is confused with you're and its' and it's , half of that is bad spelling or typing and the rest is the intricacies of modern English. My lady friend often gripes at me for my spelling, to which I respond My spelling is excellent, its my typing that sucks.

Old 07-11-2006, 01:21 AM
2nd Gear

i was watching the simpsons today and i think ralphie wiggam said it best for all of us -- "me fail english, THAT'S UNPOSSIBLE!"

Old 07-11-2006, 01:36 AM
5th Gear

there aren't many teenagers on this forum at all. much less than the other car forums i've visited anyway...yes, at times, the spelling errors can get annoying, but i think over the years i've just gotten used to it...you really shouldn't be judging people based on their spelling skills, most misspellings on the internet are caused by carelessness, not intelligence.

Old 07-11-2006, 01:38 AM
2nd Gear

im just lazy, im typing with dispatch back and forth, i just say screw it and forget about using caps and these things ';:".,! to much effor plus age is just a number, doesnt matter how old someone is, what matters is the knowledge they can give u.

Old 07-11-2006, 01:43 AM
4th Gear

I think the misspellings in a thread title are the funniest. The dutie one cracked me up, partly because of the subject matter.

Screw-ups in posts are because people are typing on the fly and there is a fair amount of drinking going on around here some nights.

Old 07-11-2006, 01:49 AM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: pturbo

I think the misspellings in a thread title are the funniest. The dutie one cracked me up, partly because of the subject matter.
lol, yes, this one gave me quite a chuckle.

Old 07-11-2006, 02:14 AM
2nd Gear

I guess grammatical errors don't bother you because you made quite a few of them in your rant @sshole.

Old 07-11-2006, 02:24 AM
4th Gear

He was just testing you to see if you were smart enough to notice them.

I guess that's one less rap on the knuckles for you.

Old 07-11-2006, 02:59 AM
2nd Gear

ooh, ooh! can i go first?

he said "i just had to ask..."

if he has a question presently (at the time he wrote this of course), and wants to write about it, next time he should write "i just HAVE to ask" since had implies he thought this possibly eons before writing and just got around to posting now, but doesn't care anymore since he HAD to ask... THEN...NOT NOW

Quick Reply: What's the typical age on this forum?