Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

What's the strangest thing you've found in your car?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 12:42 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: What's the strangest thing you've found in your car?

I love the comments over on high times.

"If I were the Mechanic, I would of called my wife told her to bring some backpacks by the shop, and filled those back packs up. fixed the dudes van tell him its on the house. pay his bill. and go home knowing im getting laid for the next year."

Hilarious

Old 08-19-2005, 07:30 PM
1st Gear

It's still in great shape, and is a real nice little 'shooter'. Great setup for a subsonic round and a silencer...
If you really want to "reach out and touch someone", get a .300 Win Mag. They're incredible.
IMO, that's the most powerful, accurate, long distance rifle you could hope for, this side of a Barrett .50..

[quote]ORIGINAL: Cameron

Good find NightFlight... does it shoot any good? I'm not a big fan of palm pistols, but I am an overall fan of guns in general. Next year anyone looking in my trunk will find a rifle. That is, once I buy one. I want to get a Remington 700 either .308win or .300magnum.

Old 08-19-2005, 07:49 PM
1st Gear

I know, I know. Out off all the cars I've owned, that and a '66 Alfa GTA I really, really regret selling. I made some real good money on them both, and figured 'hey, I can aways find another one, if I really want'...Yeah right.[:@] They both went to good homes, and I was so into trading cars in those days that it really didn't bother me...at the time...
ORIGINAL: abacab

ORIGINAL: NightFlight

Back in 1974, I picked up a '72 BMW 3.0 CSI at an estate auction. I'd been driving it for a month or so, and while driving and daydreaming I was playing around with the e-brake boot between the two front bucket seats. Hmmm...felt something in there...When I got back to my place I peeled the boot off, and holy sh*t!, a little Baretta .32ACP 'palm pistol' was in there!
Still got the Baretta, wish to hell I still had the CSI...
OMG...you let a 3.0csi get away!!! That is one of my alltime favorite cars...well at least you had it for awhile...

Old 08-20-2005, 12:11 AM

WHY DID YOU RUIN IT FOR ME! I *was* going to wait until ALL the movies were done, shesh....
for a second, nay, a SPLIT-second, i felt bad. [&:]

Old 08-20-2005, 01:57 AM
2nd Gear

[quote]ORIGINAL: NightFlight

It's still in great shape, and is a real nice little 'shooter'. Great setup for a subsonic round and a silencer...
If you really want to "reach out and touch someone", get a 7mm Win Mag. They're incredible.
IMO, that's the most powerful, accurate, long distance rifle you could hope for, this side of a Barrett .50..

ORIGINAL: Cameron

Good find NightFlight... does it shoot any good? I'm not a big fan of palm pistols, but I am an overall fan of guns in general. Next year anyone looking in my trunk will find a rifle. That is, once I buy one. I want to get a Remington 700 either .308win or .300magnum.

I wish I could get a Barret .50, but aside from the fact that I would have to sell my car to afford one, the .50 BMG round is illegal in CA. Just wait till I move out to Arizona though Are you in a suppressor legal state? It sounds like fun. And if anyone asks what you need it for, just say its to protect your hearing and avoid noise polution.

Old 08-20-2005, 04:56 AM
1st Gear

Get that .300 Win Mag (not 7mm, I meant .300) You'll be REAL happy with it.
I live in the Rebublic of Calfornia, just like you. "Suppressor legal state?"
I'm in El Dorado county, (northern Ca,) where I own a small ranch. Shooting is completely legal here, anyplace, anytime.

[quote]ORIGINAL: Cameron

ORIGINAL: NightFlight

If you really want to "reach out and touch someone", get a 7mm Win Mag. They're incredible.

ORIGINAL: Cameron

I wish I could get a Barret .50, but aside from the fact that I would have to sell my car to afford one, the .50 BMG round is illegal in CA. Just wait till I move out to Arizona though Are you in a suppressor legal state? It sounds like fun. And if anyone asks what you need it for, just say its to protect your hearing and avoid noise polution.

Old 08-20-2005, 04:47 PM
3rd Gear

when i was used car shopping i found some old french fries in ther armrest....and in th spare tire wheel welll i f=ound some golf tees, golf ***** and as divit remover....lol

--E

Old 08-20-2005, 07:28 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: headshok2002

haha, I bought my trans am from a guy who I had suspected was a drug dealer... when detailing it, I found several unidentified pills throughout the car (mainly under the rear seats) -- and underneath the rubber grommet around the e-brake handle, there were papers stashed away. God knows what else was in the car -- I didn't own it very long.

I recently bought my girlfriend a 90 honda civic off ebay, for like 600 bucks CDN... and in the trunk (on top of the spare tire) was a plastic bag full of tools. a 1/4 and 3/8" ratchet, and several sockets and wrenches. All mastercraft and craftsman -- lifetime warranty! lol
did you take the pills the see if you could id what they were? I would have tried to sell on ebay as "Mystery Buzz".

Old 08-31-2005, 04:52 PM
1st Gear

When I got my A4 I found a full size spare tire in the trunk. Thats pretty exciting.

Old 08-31-2005, 05:33 PM
Administrator

in my 'Track car"...i found poop. thats right, poop. i bought it off of the original owner who was an old drunk, and when he would go to the bar, he would take his dog with him, and evidently the dog would take dumps on the back seat, and since he was always drunk, he never noticed, and they would dry, and get down between the cushion and seat back...when i bought the car, i was stripping the interior, and when i removed the back seat...low and behold...poop.

also, my bmw came from a drug repo auction...and when we got it, we were stripping it to replace things like the interior and trunk carpeting, and under the trunk carpeting, there were bags of squashed pills, and some loose pills...not knowing how old they were, or what they were, i just dumped a bunch of soapy water in there, and sucked it out with the shopvac

Quick Reply: What's the strangest thing you've found in your car?