Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

What's my deal?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 12:23 PM
Zombie Defense Force
Thumbs up What's my deal?

I GOT HIRED!!! (Sorry, been waiting a long time to yell that)

I've been a little distant these past few months as I've been trying to show my commitment to work. It all finally paid off! After working as an intern for 6 months, I got asked to join the big leagues.

I'll be working in Dallas at Weber Shandwick, a PR firm. I still don't have a full grasp as to what I'll be doing on a day to day basis, but I'll be working for their tech clients. I know I will be writing a lot of press releases and working closely with media to secure coverage for our clients. I'm also going to be working with some tech trade shows and maybe touch on the health care industry.

I'm very excited to be making some money and know where I'll be for the next few months.

I should have some more free time to be on the forums, but wanted to let everyone know what I've been up to.

Boost on!

Old 09-01-2010, 12:29 PM
5th Gear

congrats man!!!!! i can tell you for sure that health care and how industrial/systems engineering can be applied to make it a better service for the public will be blowing up soon.

how about buying a B8? i can tell you they're rly nice : ). i recently got a research position at my school and i'm dumb stoked even though i know i'll be working my butt off. maybe that's why i'm stoked, it's kinda sickening haha.

Old 09-01-2010, 12:38 PM
Zombie Defense Force

I'm excited because I enjoy the tech field and now I'm going to be right in the middle of it.

I'm sure my next car will be an Audi, still don't know how big of a motor I'll be able to afford. I would ideally like to save up some cash and buy a junker Audi and turn her into a kick *** time attack car. First step is save money from larger pay checks now haha. Do I really need a new LED-LCD TV?

I'll admit, I am nervous, but mostly excited. I will be working 50+ hours a week making little money for the first few years. Got to put my time in though.

Old 09-01-2010, 12:50 PM
5th Gear

no you don't need a LED tv because they really aren't much better IMO. i have no idea how i'm going to do my project and my professors aren't much help. just do the best you can and don't worry about screwing up at first. as long as you can improve and do even better work you'll be editor in no time

Old 09-01-2010, 02:55 PM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

well a big congratulations is in order!

Old 09-01-2010, 02:59 PM
4th Gear

Cool news, man. Congrats!

Old 09-01-2010, 06:52 PM
Administrator

Nice Jeff! Glad to hear the good new. Congrats!

So you're inviting everyone to your house and throwing us a huge AF celebration party?

Old 09-01-2010, 08:29 PM
Tech Guru

congrat's..... does this mean you are selling the bmw?

Old 09-02-2010, 09:41 AM
Zombie Defense Force

It means I move to my new desk today!
I'll keep the bimmer for a little bit longer, but I'll be back soon.
I was going to have a pool party this Sunday but I think it's going to be raining in Dallas

Old 09-02-2010, 10:10 AM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

Originally Posted by Jeff
It means I move to my new desk today!
how exciting!!!
(your new office isn't in the basement, is it?)

Quick Reply: What's my deal?