Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

What's with the Halloween hanging Palin?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 05:13 PM
4th Gear

all i gotta say is ttkid for prez

Old 10-31-2008, 05:59 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by AZAudiA6Q
Wow, you guys are all fu*ked up in the head. Jesus Christ. Blind to the fact that sure, people WANT to be treated equally, but in the REAL WORLD, that's just not the case. So yes, if it were Barrack Obama, it would spar a huge outcry, but that would make tons of sense. Black people actually DID get hung all the time. That would be racism.

This is political. No different from some of your racist f*cks calling Iraqi's sand ni**ers and all that bull. Open your eyes. There's a huge difference between a Sarah palin effigy, and a Barrack Obama effigy due to the implications behind them.
You are so full of crap.
When white kids do that on a college campus, they get arrested, have to post $7000 bail, have to go to court over it, will get expelled from college ..... but when a white person's effigy is hanging in a homosexual's yard, it's just an expression of freedom of speech. WTF???!!!

Not only black criminals were hanged in U.S. History.
Hanging was the humane form of execution of the day, as lethal injection is today.

Outlaw cowboys, Indians, Whites, Mexicans, etc, have all been hanged in U.S. History. Hanging does not imply any difference on race.

Old 10-31-2008, 06:15 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Bogie
You are so full of crap.
When white kids do that on a college campus, they get arrested, have to post $7000 bail, have to go to court over it, will get expelled from college ..... but when a white person's effigy is hanging in a homosexual's yard, it's just an expression of freedom of speech. WTF???!!!

Not only black criminals were hanged in U.S. History.
Hanging was the humane form of execution of the day, as lethal injection is today.

Outlaw cowboys, Indians, Whites, Mexicans, etc, have all been hanged in U.S. History. Hanging does not imply any difference on race.

You're ignorant. You only see the world from your own limited scope of vision. You haven't been nor ever will be black, so you have no idea how people feel about things and what they associate things with. Hanging is one of those things that people associate with the pre civil rights days. The hanging your talking about was exactly what you said, EXECUTION. Those people committed a crime or broke some arbitrary law or were at war. These two things do not correlate.

You brought race into this because that's what you associated the hanging with too, obviously. Otherwise, your argument about it being different if it had happened to Barrack Obama would have never come up. Once again, you're too blind to see that.

My favorite part about this is, you're a dumbass just for the simple fact that I never said they were right to make an effigy of her in a noose. You assumed that. I personally think it's like some of the more intelligent posters said, in poor taste. It may be within their legal rights, but its poor taste. My post was about your failure to recognize the huge difference between it being a Palin effigy as opposed to an Obama effigy, as well as why people would cause an uproar about it.

Matter of fact, someone already posted that the same thing happened with an Obama effigy and Jesse Jackson hasn't show up on TV yet talking about it, so your argument is moot.

Old 10-31-2008, 07:00 PM
4th Gear

its america, we can express ourselves any way,

Old 10-31-2008, 07:01 PM
3rd Gear

My argument is people get arrested when it's a Black man's effigy, but not for a White woman's effigy. That is all there is to it. So what if we didn't get a response from Jesse Jackson yet. This recent story proved the point of the first post.

Old 11-01-2008, 10:32 AM
4th Gear

maybe there should be a NAAWP

Old 11-01-2008, 12:04 PM
1st Gear

actually, the obama effigy came up at least 2 weeks prior to the palin one. not arrested, and the guy stated "that it's not about politics...it's about racism." no jesse jackson, and its still hanging as of monday. just to put you in the know...

Old 11-01-2008, 04:09 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Bogie
My argument is people get arrested when it's a Black man's effigy, but not for a White woman's effigy. That is all there is to it. So what if we didn't get a response from Jesse Jackson yet. This recent story proved the point of the first post.
Originally Posted by metalmmaniac
actually, the obama effigy came up at least 2 weeks prior to the palin one. not arrested, and the guy stated "that it's not about politics...it's about racism." no jesse jackson, and its still hanging as of monday. just to put you in the know...
And there you have it.

Old 11-01-2008, 06:41 PM

It wasn't right for either party to hang Obama or Palin......the Gon't does need to be consistent in handling matters like this though!!!

Old 11-01-2008, 11:10 PM
Tech Guru

Originally Posted by AUDIjp98
maybe there should be a NAAWP
No, we can't have one because that would be racist. Remember kids: Equality is a fallacy!

Quick Reply: What's with the Halloween hanging Palin?