Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

What's with the Halloween hanging Palin?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 11:14 PM
3rd Gear
Default What's with the Halloween hanging Palin?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jloSI...nG=Search+News

I don't live in CA, but saw on the news the guys that have a manican of Sarah Palin hung off the roof of their house "in the spirit of Halloween".
Why won't the legal officials make them take it down, since it's offensive and distasteful?

I'm 100% sure that if a Barack Obama manican were hanging off a roof or in a tree for Halloween somewhere, that the NAACP and Jesse Jackson would be there protesting and filing a racism lawsuit for the offense like with the Jena 6. Where's the fairness here?

Last edited by Bogie; 10-28-2008 at 11:26 PM.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:01 AM
5th Gear

Yeah, it's definitely tasteless.

And I agree 100% with what you said about if it were an Obama manikin.

Old 10-29-2008, 12:26 AM

Which section of the legal code covers "poor taste"? I don't recall seeing it in there.

Old 10-29-2008, 12:39 AM
1st Gear

I have to say that I agree with you 100% Bogie

Old 10-29-2008, 12:41 AM

BUMP ^ sorry but thats a fail AUDI_NOOB

Not that long ago I was watching the news and I forgot what city it was , but there was this little old lady who had a shitload of flags and patriotic memorbilia in her yard and the city made her take it down. There are city ordinances and H.O.A. that regulate what you can and cant do in a neighborhood!!!

I can see who your voting for !!! Theres alway crap about racism which leads back to the old days and you know what....those days are over! I didn't have slaves, I'm not racist and I hate it when race comes into the picture. People want to be treated as equal, no matter what race they are and those same rules should imply when it comes to every race. I vote for a hate crime in this situation FTW !!!

Old 10-29-2008, 01:26 AM
4th Gear

yeah, that's just poor taste... honestly

Old 10-29-2008, 03:07 AM

free speech is free speech.

you don't like it, head somewhere else.

Old 10-29-2008, 07:55 AM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by originalspanksta

That's true enough, but as was mentioned before, there may be city / neighborhood ordinances that go against something like that.

And what probably bothers me most about this is the point that Bogie made in the OP - if it were Barack, there would've been people all over it by now...

Old 10-29-2008, 08:45 AM
3rd Gear

It was done in poor taste and i dont think it benefits anyone.

BUT Id consider this being on the local + national news stations (iv seen it on Fox, msnbc, cnn etc), the radio, internet, and even this forum people being "all over it". They cant do anything more because he/she isnt breaking the law. People have the right to free speech and expression of that free speech and that is FAR more important than a few peoples delicate feelings on this subject. Law Enforcemant has stated that their job is to uphold our constitutional rights (within reason) they checkd and found that no laws were being broken. The owners have just as much right to have palin on a noose as a christian does to have a nativity scene or some tacky inflatable santa in their yard. Rock on! I wish you were my neibor

"Political effigies serve a broadly similar purpose on political demonstrations or annual community rituals such as that held in Lewes, on the south coast of England. In Lewes, models of important or unpopular figures in current affairs are burned on bonfire night, alongside an effigy of the Pope. The unpopular or political figures are part of tableaux and are not classed as effigies."

Last edited by SourDieselS4; 10-29-2008 at 08:48 AM.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:41 AM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by originalspanksta

Nah, though true on the free speech, but there's a definate fine line on good tastes... and Bogie's assessment would be true if it were the other way around.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540...32472#27432472

And then some wonder why they are hated as well. What cracks me up is that homosexuals want to be tolerated and accepted in today's society, yet do crap like that and don't get me started on some of these gay pride parades... ask Ghetto about those

Last edited by Palindari™; 10-29-2008 at 10:44 AM.

Quick Reply: What's with the Halloween hanging Palin?