Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

What in the world, not guilty!??!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 03:30 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: What in the world, not guilty!??!!

ORIGINAL: audiboy1618

The guys is a **** up, thats all there is to it. If u try and defend him, you are one too.

Old 06-14-2005, 03:41 AM

i beileve what the ppl say when they say that he lives in his own world whihch isnt the same as ours. How much u guys think he paid teh jury?

Old 06-14-2005, 10:14 AM
5th Gear

Rest assured, he didnt pay the jury.

And audiboy, thanks for your input.

Old 06-14-2005, 04:12 PM
2nd Gear

well i heard that he had a party last night for winning the trial at Chucky Cheese's Pizza

Old 06-14-2005, 05:39 PM
1st Gear

Criminal vs civil cases... in criminal cases the burden of proof lies on the prosecution. Prosecution has to prove that the defendant is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. But in civil cases this changes to preponderance of evidence or clear and convincing evidence. Now this basically means the plaintiff has to convince the judge/jury that his or her facts are more likely to be true then the defendant. The key in this is for the most part, be at least cross the 51% line, in outproving the defendant. In a nutshell, its a lot easier for defendant to win a not guilty verdict in criminal but easy to lose in a civil case.

Personally I'm a little amazed that he got no guilty verdicts at all but it doesn't totally surprise me either. Just one little bit of doubt is all thats needed to get acquital. However I wouldn't be surprised if MJ was sued and lost civilly. Kind of why so many people sue today in US, its not that hard to win if you have some evidence. But makes things screwed up since people sue over the smallest of things...ie coffee spilled on the lap, sue over the coffee temperature being to high. [sm=lame.gif]

Old 06-14-2005, 06:45 PM
2nd Gear

i think that its the fact that people are innocent before proven guilty in our system that made this possible. the man is twisted, without a doubt, just the case had some serious loopholes in it. and by definition if there is reasonably doubt he should not be considered guilty- what can we do, its the way our forefathers made it.

Old 06-14-2005, 07:00 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Fieldy

i think that its the fact that people are innocent before proven guilty in our system that made this possible. the man is twisted, without a doubt, just the case had some serious loopholes in it. and by definition if there is reasonably doubt he should not be considered guilty- what can we do, its the way our forefathers made it.

So then what's a better system?

Old 06-14-2005, 09:34 PM
2nd Gear

well i mean thats the point- right now, arguably there is no better system. I will however say this, the system we have now is better than most because it is better to make sure no innocent people got locked away, as a consequence some guilty might get free. better than putting ALL guilty away but some innocent people get locked up <--- that is a lot worse than first scenario. i think this is why we have the system the way it is now...