Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

What Wax have you used

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2006, 06:45 AM
Administrator
Default What Wax have you used

this is from least to favorite

Eagle 1 wax

zymol
this was was alrite but not worth the money IMO, the shine wasnt that great

Turtle wax ICEâ„¢ Liquid Synthetic Car Polish

Meguiar Gold Class Clear Coat Car Wax

Meguiar's Deep Crystal Three Step System

Meguiars #26 Hi-Tech Yellow Wax Liquid

My fave so far but it cost about 25.00-30.00, a JDM wax, i bought when i had my civic, if its good enough for my civic then it must be good enough for the audi

Made of pure Brazilian carnauba (the finest grade = virgin crystal white carnauba), Authentic is the highest grade car wax developed by Japan's Soft99 wax technology. Smooth polishing without white powdery residue, and brilliant and glossy finish. For a Tokyo Auto Salon grade shine use This Wax.

Old 06-11-2006, 07:29 AM
Default RE: What Wax have you used

Meguiar Gold Class Clear Coat Car Wax

Thats what I'm rockin right now, havent used anything else. So I guess its #1. I used meguiars gold glass wipes on my interior too, keeps it very clean/shiny without being too greasy.

Old 06-11-2006, 07:26 PM
Site Moderator/Ninja

big fan of Meguiars... used on my JDM, Cheng LOL
lately I got the bug after reading about Corey & his clay bar antics - (his car came out great)
so I picked up a clay bar as well.. the wax I used was the Meguiars NXT generation.
looks ok. Easy to apply & remove, not as adhesive as previous Meguiars..

Old 06-11-2006, 07:40 PM
1st Gear

I used the Meguiars 3 step on my old Honda, was a great shine that lasted forever but was a total PITA to use. I've heard from a number of professional detailers to go out to the local Harley dealer and pick up some S100 or P21S paste waxes. They can get pretty expensive, $30-$70+ for some 8oz jars (but thats still a good 40 uses). Havent used any of em yet but I've seen the results, if you are big into shows and meets this stuff is pure gold.

Been using the Meguiars NXT spray wax, since I live in a dorm situation its easiest to just wax the car at the car wash, and it works just fine.

Old 06-12-2006, 02:45 AM
3rd Gear

the wolfgang stuff i got for free is incredible.....its a pre wax enhancer and a polis....water wont even look at my car. its so nice and shiny and smooth and pretttyyyy

--E

Old 06-12-2006, 03:02 AM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: a4autocrossr

the wolfgang stuff i got for free is incredible.....its a pre wax enhancer and a polis....water wont even look at my car. its so nice and shiny and smooth and pretttyyyy

--E
How'd you get it for free? That stuff is freakishly expensive, no? I always wanted to try it...

Old 06-12-2006, 03:15 AM
1st Gear

That Ice any good? I may try it some time, I've been using Zaino, pretty good stuff!!

Old 06-12-2006, 03:19 AM
3rd Gear

https://www.audiforums.com/m_49357/tm.htm

--E

Old 06-12-2006, 02:40 PM
5th Gear

i used the meguiars (sp?) three step stuff and was really impressed with the gloss i got out of it...took a good 2 hours to do the whole car and i was beat by the end, but it was well worth it...i want to try that wolfgang stuff but it is a little too expensive...one of these days when i have some extra cash i'll pick up one of those int/ext kits they have for 90 bucks

Old 06-12-2006, 02:44 PM
Administrator

I think some of the best wax, was the stuff I got from Griotsgarage.com