Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

what style is your car? racer? rally? or just to look like a G

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 11:57 AM
Default what style is your car? racer? rally? or just to look like a G

it seem like a lot of you guys race your audis? I see a lot of MTs on this site.. is it more of a personal preference or is it with racing in mind? now I've never seen a audi on the streets with a 'racer exaust' or a BOV or anything like that so its kinda weird for me to see all you guys with your hop-ups.. do you guys run a noisey exaust? like the honda guys.... I'm stuck between a audi A4 and a WRX... I like the WRX for its on road and offroad hangling.. but also like the audi for it classy look.... I've never seen a rally style audi and would be scared to mess it up haha.. so mainly what is the purpose of your car... racing?, looking like a G, rally.... let me know pictures would be sweet.... help me decide audi or WRX

Old 12-07-2007, 12:32 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force
Default RE: what style is your car? racer? rally? or just to look like a G

I spanked a 2.5RS with a WRX swap in a 'spirited' TSD rally because the driver pussyfooted on the dirt roads. The car isn't good or bad for the road, the driver makes it good or bad. Go for the Audi because mechanical AWD is the best.

Old 12-07-2007, 01:01 PM

what's the diference between mechanical AWD and what the WRX has? I defently like the audi a little better than the WRX.. I see the WRX as more of a 'kid' car..

anyone have a audi in metallic light blue color? maybe with black rims or something cause the audi I'm lookin at is that color and I'm not to sure about it.. don't want it to look like a grandma car you know..

Old 12-07-2007, 01:16 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

Mechanical AWD is just that. No electronics, computers, or sensors to break or try to take control of everything. Subaru uses electronic limited slip diffs to regulate what power goes to what wheels. Sounds good in principal, but this kinda proves otherwise.

Old 12-07-2007, 02:55 PM
6th Gear

well right now, my audi is a stock one that I just want to keep running. But it will be a baller Audi (since I have a 12v)

as for your question, please look at the top of this section and click on 'the Secret of Speed" that will show you 1) what Audi's can do off road, 2) were the ideas for the STi and Evo came from.

As for current Audi's in rally( there are no factory backed teams, but some people race them in rallycross), The russian here does so with his OD green B5 that I love.

I drive a stick because I love them and I automatics are boring.

Old 12-07-2007, 06:03 PM
2nd Gear

My A6 is definitely just to look good in. It's a head turner for sure.

Old 12-07-2007, 06:21 PM

My car will mainly be for friday night drags (when i get my bt in january) and a head turning car. maybe with future suspension and brake upgrades i will try the track.

but mainly, i just want to enjoy luxury with speed.

Old 11-02-2008, 11:46 AM

Well I just bought mine. And in the middle of get it ready to rally-x and auto-x and do a track days when I can. And I also drive it around too. Because it is a fun car. But the reason I'm rallying is because I rallied a 1988 Audi 80 Quattro and it handle great. And The A4 was in the right price range for me.

Travis

Old 11-02-2008, 01:15 PM
5th Gear

racer for sure. and not boy racer, aka, stupid honduh guys with their big spoilers and fartcan exhaust.

stage one suspension, and im just about done, KW Variant III coilovers, Hotchkis H-Sport sways, Ground Control race camber plates, all suspension bushings are poly.
Main focus has been on handling, and weight distribution. Plan will be mainly autocross in the next couple years, but eventually running almost exclusively on the track.

Old 11-02-2008, 01:17 PM
Administrator

Being a 2.8, mine's going to go more for looks and style (and corners) than for straight-line running. Doesn't bother me - I've had a road-going ballistic missile in the past, and this is different for me. I haul my kids in the A4, so it makes no sense to try and build the bejeezus out of it (regardless of the engine in it). But I bet that with the suspension built properly, cars that would take me in a straight line may find the tables turned when the road starts to twist.

Quick Reply: what style is your car? racer? rally? or just to look like a G