Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

What should I do.

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 10:40 AM
Default What should I do.

I work in baltimore city. Everyday when I park in my garage I notice a yellow porsche. It has tags from Washington State on it that expired months ago. I've never seen it move, Its always in the same spot. Away from everyone else. To verify my theory of it never moving, I put a penny on the front tire to see if it is there. It has been there for 1 month now, although I've noticed this car for 3-4 months now.

Should I get the tag/vin number and contact local authorities or just let it be, I know if my S4 was stolen and I had no clue where it was I'd hope someone curious like me would say something.

Maybe I'm just crazy.

Old 11-27-2007, 11:09 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: What should I do.

ask around and see if you know anyone who owns that..
or steal the vin, look it up and carfax it to see if anything shows up
thats interesting, i wouldnt let my porsche sit for 4 months

Old 11-27-2007, 11:49 AM
1st Gear

what year? I have seen people do that when they are avoiding paying personal property taxes, or trying to hold on to something through a devorse and claim it as sold and then store it in a covered public/private garage or parking lot.

Old 11-27-2007, 12:24 PM

Maybe the owner can't afford the insurance or has it posted for sale or something. Second the Carfax idea.

Old 11-27-2007, 12:26 PM

I would say its a 2002-2003. I'm dont really know much about porsches.

Old 11-27-2007, 01:28 PM
2nd Gear

you could have an officer do a vin check. or run the tags.

Old 11-27-2007, 05:08 PM
1st Gear

car fax that and tell us the deal!

Old 11-27-2007, 05:56 PM
2nd Gear

what's this gotta do with S models? with that out of the way, do you talk to your neighbors, or just hang out on forumsasking guidance from faceless strangers? do you realize there are a lot of military/DoD that live in that area that deploy frequently and for long periods of time and maybe, just might park their in a rarely used spot in hopes that no one will park next to them because they aren't available for the next 18 months to exchange numbers or file police/insurance reports on any damage caused by those left behind in said garage? more info from your immediate community will better help with narrowing down the hunt for the terrorist cell that left a perfectly decent automobile out of the weather for an extended period of time.

Old 11-27-2007, 07:05 PM
2nd Gear

Porsche abuse... contact the local authorities, it's a crime.

Old 11-27-2007, 11:39 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: sweckz

I work in baltimore city. Everyday when I park in my garage I notice a yellow porsche. It has tags from Washington State on it that expired months ago. I've never seen it move, Its always in the same spot. Away from everyone else. To verify my theory of it never moving, I put a penny on the front tire to see if it is there. It has been there for 1 month now, although I've noticed this car for 3-4 months now.

Should I get the tag/vin number and contact local authorities or just let it be, I know if my S4 was stolen and I had no clue where it was I'd hope someone curious like me would say something.

Maybe I'm just crazy.
You can report a suspicious vehicle to the police. A car is not supposed to be parked in a spot, exluding permitted residential areas, for more than 48 hours. The car can be tagged for a 48 hour notice, if it does not move after being tagged within those 48 hours it is deemed an abandoned vehicle and towed. Officers, if Baltimore will send one, can run both the tag and VIN to perform a wanted/stolen check.