Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

What I woke up to this morning

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 06:49 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by ÜberTechniker
i'll make you feel better. to set the scene: it's about 8:45 in the AM, my wife and i have to go to work, come out to the car, get in...

"hey, where's your iPod?"

****, it's gone. my fault, i left it in the car. then i look back, my back seats are folded down, my infinity 4 channel and diamond audio sub are gone. so i get out of the car, walk around, and see the front fascia doesn't look quite right. pop the hood, the fuel rail is gone, my intake is gone, injectors gone. sit around, wait for cops, get it towed to a shop. they followed it to the shop and broke in again. prybarred the bumper off to take the fmic, took my fuel pressure regulator, pcm, and threw dirt inside the turbo and the injector bosses. oh, and they keyed the car. didn't even know the ******* that did it either. so yea, a leatherman and a broken window, not that bad bro.
holy sheet!

these guys had your number... and I thought I pissed people off on a daily basis

Old 08-09-2008, 08:20 PM
1st Gear

meh, at least i don't live in florida anymore

Old 08-09-2008, 10:47 PM
2nd Gear

Consider yourself lucky. I got was drinking a few years ago so I decided to stay at my friends house until it wore off. I got home about 4am and I forgot my wallet in my car. The next day at 1pm my friend comes to my door and asks what happened to my window...I have no idea, we go and look and the window is smashed and my shitty JVC CD player, wallet (full of money,credit cards, ID...etc), 2 pairs of Ray Ban sunglasses were all taken.

Name:  Picture010-1.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  70.8 KB

Name:  Picture011.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  67.7 KB

Name:  Picture002-4.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  66.1 KB

Old 08-09-2008, 11:27 PM
4th Gear

that BS man, sorry to hear that, always a tragedy when one of our cars is vandaled.

Old 08-10-2008, 01:34 AM
1st Gear

lol whiplash.... glad to see im not the only one here that used to own a black avenger ... or is that an eclipse/talon.... they all look alike lol

Old 08-10-2008, 03:26 PM
2nd Gear

Talon...I miss it so much.

Old 08-12-2008, 11:00 PM
1st Gear

If you leave nothing of value in your car why do you lock the doors? Seriously. If I ever leave my vehicle outside over night I simply leave it unlocked. Better that than a broken window and any damage to go with it. I say let them get in as long as nothig gets broken. I did this for months with my Viper while I was trying to sell it. I couldn't leave the Audi outside could I? Anyway, nothing ever happened although I am pretty sure it was checked out by thieves a couple times because mysteriously the doors got locked. Can you believe they would go through my car and then lock it? They did. The bottom line is that nothing was damaged. No harm at all. Leave it unlocked!

Old 08-12-2008, 11:43 PM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by ChrisAz
If you leave nothing of value in your car why do you lock the doors? Seriously. If I ever leave my vehicle outside over night I simply leave it unlocked. Better that than a broken window and any damage to go with it. I say let them get in as long as nothig gets broken. I did this for months with my Viper while I was trying to sell it. I couldn't leave the Audi outside could I? Anyway, nothing ever happened although I am pretty sure it was checked out by thieves a couple times because mysteriously the doors got locked. Can you believe they would go through my car and then lock it? They did. The bottom line is that nothing was damaged. No harm at all. Leave it unlocked!
You'd end up having somebody **** in it or something... People are ******.

Old 08-12-2008, 11:49 PM
1st Gear

it could've been worse...

glad it wasn't...

Old 08-13-2008, 10:22 AM
Banned

why did that repair man leave damage? i would call the insurance company and let them know what kind of shoddy work was done for the window replacement. i would also call the company who did the replacement and give them a piece of my mind.

Quick Reply: What I woke up to this morning