Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

What I woke up to this morning

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by kolbs_91
That sucks, man. At least they didn't see the OEM head unit as being a thing of value...
They had trouble opening the center console and broke it's latch, so I'm betting they might not have even recognized it as a head unit... Thank GOD they didn't go at it with a flathead screwdriver.

Old 08-08-2008, 02:14 PM
4th Gear

odd - my TT has an internal motion sensor... doesn't the A4's have that as well??

Old 08-08-2008, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Palindari™
odd - my TT has an internal motion sensor... doesn't the A4's have that as well??
I THOUGHT I had those too, and maybe the alarm did work properly, however, the siren is not very loud on my car, so I'm not sure where that leaves me...

Old 08-08-2008, 02:27 PM
Administrator

My B5 has them at every window and the sunroof, and they're sensitive as hell.

Old 08-08-2008, 02:37 PM
1st Gear

i'll make you feel better. to set the scene: it's about 8:45 in the AM, my wife and i have to go to work, come out to the car, get in...

"hey, where's your iPod?"

****, it's gone. my fault, i left it in the car. then i look back, my back seats are folded down, my infinity 4 channel and diamond audio sub are gone. so i get out of the car, walk around, and see the front fascia doesn't look quite right. pop the hood, the fuel rail is gone, my intake is gone, injectors gone. sit around, wait for cops, get it towed to a shop. they followed it to the shop and broke in again. prybarred the bumper off to take the fmic, took my fuel pressure regulator, pcm, and threw dirt inside the turbo and the injector bosses. oh, and they keyed the car. didn't even know the ******* that did it either. so yea, a leatherman and a broken window, not that bad bro.

Old 08-08-2008, 02:40 PM
Administrator

Jesus, I'd probably purposely replace the parts and leave the car outside again, waiting in the bushes with a taser and a baseball bat.

Old 08-08-2008, 02:45 PM
1st Gear

upstairs with a shotty and 2 way alarm. couldn't sleep for weeks after i finally got the car back. took a year to get it back from the shop btw. florida ftl.

Old 08-09-2008, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by UpstateNYA4
Jesus, I'd probably purposely replace the parts and leave the car outside again, waiting in the bushes with a taser and a baseball bat.
LMAO! It's funny the things we'd love to do to the perpetrators in said cases. I almost pulled a nightwatch on my garage last night, thinking of what I would do if I did catch a repeat performance...

Old 08-09-2008, 05:49 PM
1st Gear

what i would've done would've put me in jail.

Old 08-09-2008, 06:05 PM
1st Gear

man that sucks... I totally feel your pain though. Went down to main st. the other night and came out to a nice kicked in fender

guess that was someones excitement for the night...
and ubertechniker... I honestly dont know what I would have done in that situation.. I also would prolly do something that would land me in jail lol

Quick Reply: What I woke up to this morning