Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
View Poll Results: A poll
Coke
6.67%
Pepsi
6.67%
Dr Pepper
13.33%
Absinthe
46.67%
MoonShine (good song)
6.67%
Soylent Green is not really people, it's TANG!
20.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING?!?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 12:59 AM
Administrator
Default RE: WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING?!?

i worked more hten that befor and i kno people who worked alot more hten that also
i know what ur going through, a period of my life its all been all work an no play

Old 04-17-2006, 01:20 AM
2nd Gear

I know how you feel dude. When I first started working, I was working 7 days a week every night, thinking it would help me fix my car faster. I soon realized that I can't enjoy my car, my life, or women if I'm working every night (nights are my prime time, I don't do much during the day).

I've calmed down a little and managed to have Wed. and Fri. off work every week, not to mention a completely flexible schedule. I've even taken a second job and still maintain Wed. and Fri. night off. And piled this on top of highschool. I just wish I wasn't so picky when it came to women. All the girls I come in contact with are either 50+ (at work) or are annoying highschool girls. Sure they go far, but the relationship doesn't go too far.

I guess I'll just work some more , saving up for maybe a motorcycle or a Rabbit. Can't decide.

Old 04-17-2006, 03:03 AM
4th Gear

Stick with work . It is less trouble than women. One can make an argument that one is more rewarding than the other at certain times, but the whole damn thing is shifting sand. You've got a lot of work right now, so work. Women will still be there later and maybe you can make a nut for yourself.

///Can you tell I'm pissed at a woman right now?

Old 04-17-2006, 03:45 PM
3rd Gear

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy!

Buy a Cayman S!!

Old 04-18-2006, 02:19 AM
2nd Gear

I would rather stick my ***** in a nest of baby scorpions than buy a Cayman, or anything with the Shield on it for that matter. Moving on.....

I know I should not work so damned much, but I don't know how not to. I'm an extremist. I don't know how to do anything halfway. I enjoy all of my jobs, I just wish I knew how to relax with a few of them, but I pride myself on getting stuff that you bring me today done yesterday. One guy came over to my place for some graphic arts stuff, i showed him what I could do, he showed me his old logo and told me basically what he wanted, which was quite a lot, the only thing that really stayed was the color combo, but as soon as he left, I got to work and had the finished design done and sitting in his email inbox before he got home, and he went straight home from my place. I pride myself on that kind of stuff, and it's the way i've always been. I used to be an A&P inspector for small aircraft, and I could get a 100 hour inspection done in one day if nothing was wrong. Most shops take a three or four days with two guys working. And with th govt stuff right now, I get a call, I'm out the door in five minutes, doesn't matter what else is going on. I feel like I have to be that on the ball.

I gues I don't know if I can change the situation right now, I just wanted to b!tch about it. Makes me feel better sometimes.

Old 04-18-2006, 02:43 AM
1st Gear

wow..... i just picked up a second job this week, i have sundays off all the time though and work til 6 on saturdays, and pretty much 8am til 11pm most of the week. but compared to you its like im working a part time job at a library or something. sorry man, i feel for ya!

Old 04-18-2006, 03:35 AM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: SilverSeven

I would rather stick my ***** in a nest of baby scorpions than buy a Cayman, or anything with the Shield on it for that matter. Moving on.....
Oh, oh! Them is fightin' words!

This coming from a guy that has untold thousands sunk into a......wait for it.......Mazda!

Now back to work! [8D]

Old 04-18-2006, 04:39 AM
2nd Gear

Interestingly, my Mazda has started every time I've turned the key. The only money I've spent on her is upgrades.

But my buddie's GT2 is in the shop for the 5th time in as many months.

Go figure.....