Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

WHAT A FAG! US Soldier throws puppy off a cliff!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 02:10 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: WHAT A ***! US Soldier throws puppy off a cliff!

First off, I haven't seen the video. Our firewall settings will not allow it.

I would like to comment on what I know of the military's procedure for "disposing" of rabid or feral animals.

A few months ago there wascat inside our compound. Due to our "mission" we cannot have any animals, other than military working dogs, in the facility. We contacted our Preventive Medicine NCO and he had it removed from the area.Other than doing this, they have the option of, by following strict guidelines in a regulation, killing the animal and then disposing of it properly. NONE of which include dropping a live animal off a cliff. As far as I understand they have to cremate the animal just in case it is carrying any diseases or was rabid.

I would like to point out I have no formal training on this subject and I have never read the regulation, but what I have explained should give a general idea of the process.

Shame on any Soldier thatdrops a live animal off a cliff, if that was truly the case.

Old 03-04-2008, 04:10 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Palindariâ„¢

Well the question is - why would you think it's fake?

You can't abitrarily dismiss something just because you would think no one in their right mind would do such a thing - especially an American soldier.

As for AZ's assessment, if you've dealt with dogs - holding them by the scruff of the neck is normal and some breeds are docile - so that fact that it wasn't moving is not proof.

The yelping sound - in a box canyon can do funny things. I'll touch on that in a moment. Dogs yelp we they are hurt - but also when they are scared. What dog wouldn't be flying through the air?

As for dogs in the desert - there are plenty. Even in the middle east.

But if you watch the video - the way the body flies - if it were fake it wouldn't wobble from the dog kicking it's legs trying to save itself. Fake stuffed animals "float" funny - just like in the movies when they toss a body off a building - you can tell a fake from a real stunt double.

So the only two possible conclusions you can get is that it was alive or it was already dead and then you have an explanation to the yelping sound not fitting. Perhaps they found a dead puppy and decided to pull a prank - would also explain the way the one soldier acted when he was about to pet it - he pulled back - because it was already dead??

Either way it's not good imagery to send out to the world. Even throwing dead puppies off a cliff is seriously wrong...[&o]
If you throw a dummy or stuffed animal is wobbles too. Wobbling has nothing to do with kicking. It has to do with the aerodynamics of the object going through the air.

Holding a dog by the scruff is normal and sure, dogs whimper, but I have NEVER EVER EVER heard anyone's dog cy out in pain when it hadn't actually sustained any pain. They will whine and complain, hell I used to toss my puppy around when i was a kid and didn't know any better. it never cried unless I accidentally stepped on it's tail or something.

Box canyon or no boxed canyon, dissonance and resonance still apply. Unless that dog had a freakin siren for a mouth, it's "yelps" should have gotten quieter as it got further away.

Old 03-04-2008, 04:53 PM
5th Gear

I still haven't watched it, but I wonder if an animal that small and young could even catch his breath enough to cry all of the way down a cliff, experiencing forces like that...

Old 03-04-2008, 05:18 PM
2nd Gear

I remain skeptical.