Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

What Does Everybody Do To Relax??

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 11:31 PM
6th Gear
Default RE: What Does Everybody Do To Relax??

ORIGINAL: 01A4T

Get Drunk, and play COD4!

hahaha, is it sad that I do the same thing when I come home hammered. For some reason COD is so much better when your sh!tfaced.

Old 02-05-2008, 11:31 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: kolbs_91

Thanks for all of the suggestions.

I think exercise would help, but I like to exercise outdoor, mainly - not so easy to do when it's in the mid thirties and raining / sleeting / snowing 60% of the time.

I walk with my grandma a LOT during the summer, though.
if your trying to relax just do anything that releases dorphins. such as wroking out, driving, sex or making love to thy self. pretty much anything that makes you feel happy will help you relax.

Old 02-05-2008, 11:34 PM
rmh
1st Gear

Go to your local shooting range with enough firearms, ammo, and targets (paper and fun ones) ...

Leave your watch, cell phone, electronics, etc... in your car and go on a walk deep into the most isolated non-urban and non-suburban setting you can find and look, listen, and smell all those things you've been missing

Spend a day wrenching on one of your vehicles with no other distractions

Have an all-day sex-capade [sm=drooldude.gif]

And, finally, get more (really good) sleep

Old 02-05-2008, 11:42 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: CAB509

hahaha, is it sad that I do the same thing when I come home hammered. For some reason COD is so much better when your sh!tfaced.
No, not sad at all lol. And it's sooooo much better because you think you are better than you really are

Old 02-05-2008, 11:46 PM
6th Gear

ORIGINAL: CAB509

No, not sad at all lol. And it's sooooo much better because you think you are better than you really are

this is very true, and I trash talk, and just chill and talk to my whole team all the time, it's fun for me at least. I'm gonna have to do this again soon (maybe friday, or thursday)

Old 02-05-2008, 11:47 PM
I'm make believe

the girlfriend

Old 02-06-2008, 12:09 AM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: rmh

Go to your local shooting range with enough firearms, ammo, and targets (paper and fun ones) ...
I haven't been to the shooting range in over a year - good stuff.

Old 02-06-2008, 12:47 AM

Either biking or running does it for me. I usually feel pretty good after a 40-mile training ride... go home, shower, then take a nap.

Old 02-06-2008, 12:58 AM
Site Moderator

I try to either lift as much weight as i can at the gym, or head downtown and practice MMA.
Nothing like beating the hell out of someone (or a bag) to relieve stress.

Old 02-06-2008, 01:01 AM
dan
2nd Gear

it really depends on whats causing the problem honestly.

General "issues" that crop up I tend to go driving if it's nice out or play xbox 360 if it's not.

Hit the gym or some other exercise thats going to get the blood pumpin and ideally make you hurt like a son of a bi..... the following day, if you don't hurt you don't get the endorphin release your angling for hahah.

If none of thats not appealing for some reason I'll spend entirely too much money on some new obsession and call it retail therapy .

If it's something thats extreme and wont be fixed easily like a break up or crap, I've been known to bail on the city and life as we know it for a few days or even a couple weeks and just go chill with friends in a different state. It helps get my mind off the crap and by the time i come back I'm in a better frame of mind to deal with it.

Quick Reply: What Does Everybody Do To Relax??