Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

What do u think the best drivetrain for Road Racing is?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 12:27 AM
Default RE: What do u think the best drivetrain for Road Racing is?

apg, i was trying to blanket the OT forum and you had to poke your ugly self in there... c'mon man, i was on a roll![8D]

Old 09-12-2005, 12:29 AM

sry man my bad. I will let u have in after i post for like 10 min. OO my bad i just made another one u have to redo. hehe

Old 09-12-2005, 12:38 AM

ill just pw the ones you make me redo with things like "yep" and "agreed"

Old 09-12-2005, 12:48 AM
3rd Gear

in my experience i would have to say rwd is the way to go, i took my 99 stang gt to gingerman in michigan and it was the only rwd car there that day and was beating most of the awd cars there and i had blad tires. plus it is way more fun to drive.

Old 09-12-2005, 01:01 AM

i hear that on the "fun to drive" thing.. my bimmer is RWD (of course) and its fun to push it to the edge and semi-drift corners

Old 09-12-2005, 01:43 AM
2nd Gear

he's right, the way like to think is that awd is more forgiving for beginner drivers, but there is a reason why all f1 cars, porshe's, ferrari's, lambo's ect. are rwd.

you also gotta remember that all those cars are extremly light compared to a camero, for a track day, i'd choose the s4, its lighter and pulls a better skidpad than the camero

also chevy developed the camero for drag. solid rear axle and heavy *** ls1 engine. there's a reason why the only american car in lemans is a new gto, i think its an aluminum block (correct me if im wrong, but it would make sense) and independant rear suspension

if u want to track or autocross in a chevy get a corvette, independent rear suspension and it handles way better, and maby pulls close to what the s4 would.

yet again, im a german fan, this is an audi form, and twin turbo's rule the world of euro... i think my choice is clear...

Old 09-12-2005, 05:48 AM
4th Gear

if I had a choice it would have to be rwd. you can make just about anything handle really well, wether its a solid rear axil or awd. they each have there pro's and cons. and as for the heavy V8's, they also make a **** load of power if tuned some.

Old 09-12-2005, 12:30 PM
3rd Gear

awd..evo, I drove my buddies and that thing is like a little go cart, insane handling

Old 09-12-2005, 12:44 PM

AWD all the way, but tune it to a higher rear distribution. Look at the pro's, rolex series wont allow quattro on the track niether will trans am series bucause they are unfair and lap the compitition.

Old 09-14-2005, 03:51 AM
1st Gear

a RWD car with a good suspension and tires is the ultimate as long as YOU CAN DRIVE IT!

For a lesser experianced driver awd is definatly the way to go.

My S14 (1995 w/ red top SR20DET) 240sx was by far the fastest road racing car, for almost any condition and road (mind you snow, um NO)

every drive train has different ways to drive it, fwd you can understear, rwd you can have the rear slide out (or drift maybe if your good wink wink) and awd you have good recovery and control and constant power, but you end up sliding all four wheels.

I feel RWD offers the best control if you can drive it, with the highest power to the wheels ratio giving best acceleration.

Quick Reply: What do u think the best drivetrain for Road Racing is?