Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

what do u think...

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 01:19 AM
Administrator

The car is dope. As was said, lose the doors (or at the least, do a real Lambo-style conversion with vertical opening instead of having them open like a hooker's legs, out to the side like that). +1 on the black wheels (dare I say with the red lip on them? Saw that on a white Z4-M and it looked great).

Old 01-02-2009, 01:27 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by CLX
Looks like 'u' have no ******* taste.
D*mn... Bustin out the angry face lately. Has the new year not treated you nicely yet?

Old 01-02-2009, 06:46 PM
2nd Gear

no lambos IMO. and the rest of the car is too......i cant think of the word when all the colors are the same just different shades.

the only car that i think can pull of lambos, thats not actually a lambo, is a corvette. ive seen it once in person and it looked pretty nice. other then that i hate em.

once i put 4 lambos on a matrix. it took me just over a week to finish the doors and body work...and even though i got paid and it wasnt my car, i feel like i wasted my time. w/e to each his own.

*edit for pics
Name:  l_89c818da53a7596025176668c966ccd7.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  43.4 KB

and yes i painted and detailed the car too. ya boy has some skills.

Last edited by 01afour; 01-02-2009 at 06:55 PM.
Old 01-02-2009, 08:28 PM
Administrator

I have to agree with you that you wasted your time in one sense, but the install looks like you did a good job. Still, it's kind of like putting lipstick on a pig...but hey, it's that guy's car and if he wants to pay to have it done, and you can do it, you may as well make the money

As for a clean install, I offer Jakob Vardin's 300ZX twin turbo. I am not a fan of the Strosek/Paul Bailey body mods, but the scissor door conversion was done top-notch. They cut the fenders and then attached those pieces to the leading edges of the doors to give an arch cutline that matches the wheelwell curvature, the way Lambo does it. Not my taste, but definitely well-excecuted. Here's the car:

Old 01-02-2009, 10:02 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by ImTheDevil
I have to agree with you that you wasted your time in one sense, but the install looks like you did a good job. Still, it's kind of like putting lipstick on a pig...but hey, it's that guy's car and if he wants to pay to have it done, and you can do it, you may as well make the money
yeah they came out awsome (and not just cause i did it) the cars taken 6 first place trophies and we just finished it in august. (and show season on LI ends around october)i just wish i had worked on something more like that 300zx..at least its a 2dr and not a wagon.

and on a side note (even though i dont have pics) ive put custom doors on:
-that matrix
-a chevy s-10
-a dodge dakota
-esclade
-civic
-and a tahoe(or suburban) i forgot
and ive done suicides on:
-a 08 suburban(guy was in a wheelchair)and it was one of the hardest jobs ever.
-and no joke a 1985 buick regal with switches (6batteries, 4 pumps) we did the best we could on the rust bucket but he came back less then a month later casue he warped the 60+ lb. doors. needless to say he was pissed casue we told him we would not warrenty the doors before we started. we had to weld new floorpans in the car just to drive it. some people are idiots and like to polish turds i guess.

anyway sorry i got a lil off topic.

Old 01-03-2009, 03:08 PM
SoCal Crew Member

Yeah, maybe some nice black, gunmetal, dark rims to match the grills and insides of the doors. But the car looks good minus the doors. Like someone said to each his own.

Old 01-03-2009, 03:27 PM
1st Gear

I personally like it, the lambo's look alright but are a waste of time.

Speaking of bandwagons... maybe we could get them to put on some black/gunmetal wheels with a polished lip!

Old 01-03-2009, 04:34 PM
SoCal Crew Member

I like it the way it is. The white wheels do give it kind of a type R look, but I don't hate them. I don't have any real problems with this the way it is.

Old 01-03-2009, 06:50 PM
2nd Gear

monochromatic.

thats the word i was looking for.