Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

What do u do to keep from getting sick?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 01:26 AM
Default What do u do to keep from getting sick?

I have been sick this past month with 2 colds and what looks like its gonna be bronchitis. And b/c of some things with my mom its important that she not get sick therefore i need to stay healthy. Now im going to a doc tomorrow but i was wondering any home things u guys do to keep from getting sick. Maybe a herbal remedy or just wash ur hands a ton. I dont kno, but im open to alot of ideas.

Old 10-19-2005, 01:43 AM
Senior Administrator
Default RE: What do u do to keep from getting sick?

Personally, sinc I'm rotten when it comes to eating healthily, I take a multi-vitamin, daily (well, when my ald-timers isn't kickin in and i remember to, NEway). And, when I fell like a cold micht be getting a hold of me I start over-loading with 500mg vitamic C chewables, also daily. If a cold DOES take hold I get out my Zicam. COlds never last more than a couple of days...

Old 10-19-2005, 01:51 AM
2nd Gear

If you start to feel sick, use Zicam right away!!!! I used to always get sick and since I started using Zicam, I rarely get sick. Also start taking vitamin c and garlic, airborne, and zinc. You'll never get sick! There are also these things you can get from a healthfood store called Emer-gen-c ..... they are in boxes and look like packs of koolaide, mix these with water and some sort of juice and drink up.

Old 10-19-2005, 02:20 AM
5th Gear

vitamin c, echinacea (sp?)...that's all i ever take, and only when i feel like i'm starting to get sick...no pills, no drugs (no prescription ones, anyway), no syrups or drink mixes, and i get sick maybe 1-2 a year, if that. the more medicines you take, the more dependent your body becomes to those medicines, and you'll just need them more and more over time, just to stay healthy. let your body handle things on its own (that's what it's supposed to do)

Old 10-19-2005, 02:56 AM

Well im using Centrum as a daily Multi, and my bro has echineca (sp?) so ill actually start using it. That Zicam i will have to ask the doc about and i will buy it probaly, and i have the Vitamin C stuff i think, if not ill try that. But since this is bronchitis i think (teh pain in my lungs has gone away) i dont think that stuff would help. Thanks for ur input.

Old 10-19-2005, 02:59 AM
5th Gear

For a seemingly normal random APG post... this one isn't bad! I'm learning things........

Old 10-19-2005, 03:10 AM

good to hear. I think my random post have been done alot. Im kinda over alot of stuff, but this is something that i need some ideas in and i bet alot of ppl would like to stop getting sick.

Old 10-19-2005, 04:32 AM
Administrator

There are these tablets called "Air-Borne" you dissolve them in water.. they are great... also there is this new Advil Cold and Cough liquid stuff it looks like nucleur waste (blue) both of those will kick the crap out of any cold known to human seriously

Old 10-19-2005, 04:51 AM
4th Gear

draino. that clears it up every time.

Old 10-19-2005, 08:06 AM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: flyboy

draino. that clears it up every time.
Sure it'll clean you out, but it leaves you feeling all hollow inside... - Lt. Frank Drebbin, Police Squad

Quick Reply: What do u do to keep from getting sick?