Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

What do the cops drive in your state?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 10:02 PM
Default RE: What do the cops drive in your state?

in Waikiki, we have one in a nissan skyline... r34 gtr i believe....

Old 05-14-2007, 10:20 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: akoby9
land rover
saab
ORIGINAL: chaos92287

hummer h2
sebring (ya the convertible ones)
BMW 330i (brand fukin new one too)

i've seen various other undercover cars too over the years. the ones that really surprised me tho were the hummer and the bimmer. i never thought those would be cop cars. *sigh* only in Boca

IN THE STATES!? Do I smell corrupt police departments? (Then again the cars were probably confiscated)

When I'm on thehighway I'm always looking for this nightmare approaching in my mirror or around a bend:

If theres one good thing to be said about American cars is they do make some intimidating looking police vehicles, those Volvo/BMWs/whatever the **** else those other cars arelook so god damn tacky. Whats with that yellow and blue checkermarking on the side? (granted that's a Ford but it's a Euro style) UGHH!

Old 05-14-2007, 10:39 PM
Senior Administrator

the coked-out drugies see it and go into seizures... then, 5-O just wanders over and tosses them in the back, for a ride downtown

Old 05-14-2007, 11:01 PM
4th Gear

The regular crown vics, impala, charger, camaro. The funny thing is when they get decommissioned these cars are sold to taxi companies. So I'll be flying down the road then brake hard when I spot a dark blue crown vic with dark tint, three antennas (dead giveway), yellow police stripes, and even a ram. Only to find out its a freakin cab. The most odd cop car I've spotted is a Porsche Cayenne out in Oahu.

Old 05-14-2007, 11:01 PM
1st Gear

Yea in New york the state troopers are the worst, along with the under cover crown victorias which always look like the taxi crown vic's so you get confused lol. the chargers are the gayest ones, cause dodge/chrysler sucks!!

Old 05-14-2007, 11:09 PM

we mostly have crown vics.
but, that said there are some:
chargers
chevy suv(tahoe i think)

and ive seen:
state patrol camaro

and have heard that there is a wrx on a special street racing task force.

Old 05-15-2007, 12:08 AM
2nd Gear

In my town we have:

Ford Exploders (2)
Dodge Durangos (3)
Chevy Tahoe (2)
Chevy Silverado (1)

Yup its a small down, we all know every car. Most of the cops are assh*les because the town is a training ground for Reno.

Old 05-15-2007, 12:35 AM
2nd Gear

One of this Cali dodge rams freaked me out one time, because I never expected it when I was pulling up on it, but I backed off, and he didn't slow to try and get me. I passed a cop on the other side of an undivided highway at 120mph... onceI feltsafe enough after cooling down a few exits up, Itold myself I would never do thatagain.

Old 05-15-2007, 08:06 AM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

Ford Crown Vics, the college cops use Impalas, then there is a selection of Exploreres, Chargers, Mustangs, F-350's, Toyota Prius's (not joking, I totally saw a statie rocking a speed trap in one) and then there is this one cop who has his M3 all decked out in lights. A lot of the higher ranking state cops have their personal cars all set up for everything. Oh, and a few Escalades, too. They deck out confiscated drug dealers cars, just to show them up. We don't really need cops with ultra fast (Z06 Corvette Pursuit cars) because traffic is so bad no one can ever get up to speed or stay there for very long!

Old 05-16-2007, 04:01 PM

here in savannah we have

crown vics
explorer
stratus
tarus
intrepid
Charger R/T

Undercover:
BMW 700 series (very nice)
3 suped up Civic si (2 of em are boosted)
Mustang cobra

The sheriffs dept and the police dept compete on best car sop they always buyin new stuff

Quick Reply: What do the cops drive in your state?