Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

What to do?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2005, 05:41 AM
2nd Gear
Default What to do?

Alright, I need a little girl advice. Before I start, I'm not looking for 'hit it and quit it' answers, I am looking for a more serious relationship.

Tonight I went out on a second date with a girl I've been talking to at school for a little while. She's pretty good looking and very bright as well. We had a great dinner and hung out for another hour or so. Everything seems perfect about her, except that I just found out she has a boyfriend already. She seems interested in me and everything, but if she already has a boyfriend and is seeing me as well, I have a feeling that is going to forshadow events in the future if we become a steady couple.

There's also another girl, one year younger than me, who also seems interested in me. I haven't really explored that avenue, so I'm not sure about any other relationships she might have. I'm thinking about asking her to lunch or dinner next week to get an idea of where she is in relation to me.

So my main question is, should I continue to pursue girl #1, knowing she has a boyfriend, and also knowing that based on what she is doing with me, she might see other guys in the future. The other option is to back off girl #1 a little, and start to pursue girl #2 and then pick the best of each.

What do you guys think?

Old 10-15-2005, 05:46 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: What to do?

I would highly recommend that you see both of them. Girl number one is a shoe in due to her having a boyfriend and being a good booty call. I would use her on the side and pursue girl number two as the serious relationship. Once you have established that you want girl number 2, dump girl number one and your good to go. Remember... Girl number one is to be used only as the booty call when you are going after girl number two. This should work. I'll be here all week.

Old 10-15-2005, 05:49 AM
Administrator

the first gurl is kinda messed up by goin on a date wit you even though she has a BF already
once a cheater always a cheater, i wont go after her casue im sure it will get you later on in life
do u really want a gurl who will go on dates wit ohter guys behind your back or someone that
is really open and free i guess

i stole a gurl away from a guy befor and carma comes back at ya
the gurl didnt cheat on me but something worse happened to me later on in life

i say test the waters wit the second gurl and see how it works
if not theres other gurls out there

Old 10-15-2005, 06:35 AM
18T
4th Gear

yeah the first one, thres somethign wrong with her. try girl #2 and see where it goes. and dont be a dick by dating someone that has a bf already. thats just cheap and disgusting.

Old 10-15-2005, 07:51 AM
2nd Gear

Girl 1 is;

A) Not interested and only went out with you on a friend basis (possibly indicated if it was her that told you she was already seeing someone).

B) Dirty, because she is interested while she already has a boyfriend.

Neither situation gets you a productive relationship. If you did want to booty call it, she might have something worked out with the other guy to where they can see other people, or whatever, I wouldn't feel bad hitting it. However, a relationship would always be strained because even if you're not a jealous person, everytime she went somewhere with a guy friend, you would be reminded of how you two got together to start with. It's quite possible that she's using you to fill a void of attention from her current partner, or to get him riled up. Normal girls are enough to try to understand without picking one that plays mind games right off the bat. You did say that not that you didn't want a booty call, and in reality, that would make things worse for you anyway.

The main problem is that you want girl 1 more, or else this wouldn't be an issue. If there was equal desire, then you would obviously try to get the girl without pre-existing encumberances. So if you pursue both, you will not be able to see them both objectively. Girl 2 will always have flaws that you might gloss over in girl 1, and things that girl 1 does that you like will go unnoticed when girl 2 does them. So dating both would not be fair to girl 2 even in the premature stages because she will always be held up to the template of the girl you really wanted (girl 1).

Your only good option is to abandon girl 1 entirely, and go after girl 2. Girl 1 only is not a good idea, and both is even worse.

Old 10-15-2005, 08:26 AM
Senior Administrator

Uhhh... Silver... Yu can't go around useing words like "encumberances" (and, even spelltit) CORRETKLY, I might add, if we're to continyew excepting yu as a member of hour comutiny. Nex ttime, throw in some misspellt words for us to missrenounce, willya? Also, canya provide at least ONE incorrekt referense to somthin totally non-topic related? We DO hav eminimum standards, yu kno

Old 10-15-2005, 09:31 AM
2nd Gear

I shall return to respond to your somewhat reticent request whereupon I have procured sufficient libation and adequate sustenance such as to allow perdurable synergism. I shall refute my regularly taciturn ways in obsequious grandieur. Thus ends my current confabulation. After a suitable period of quiescence, await my return. Good day sir.

Old 10-15-2005, 01:14 PM
5th Gear

I wouldn't hate on girl #1 quite yet... learn about her bf first... He might be the worst kind of douche... the kind that are difficult to leave. But yeah, if he's a decent guy, and she is just exploring while with him... then that's pretty rough.

Defiantely pursue girl #2 though, regardless of what you discover about girl #1.

Old 10-15-2005, 02:02 PM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: SilverSeven

I shall return to respond to your somewhat reticent request whereupon I have procured sufficient libation and adequate sustenance such as to allow perdurable synergism. I shall refute my regularly taciturn ways in obsequious grandieur. Thus ends my current confabulation. After a suitable period of quiescence, await my return. Good day sir.

You're like the Son I never wanted...

Old 10-15-2005, 03:37 PM
2nd Gear

i would have to agree w/ headshok
her boyfriend could be a jerk and maybe she isn't handling it the right way, but i wouldn't write her off.
and YES i know she should end the other relationship before getting into a new one, but it doesn't always work that way.

of course she could be someone that is always waiting for the next best thing to come along, but you never know.

and while ur figuring all this out i ask #2 out....
[sm=icon_blah.gif]