Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

What To Do...

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 10:22 AM
Default What To Do...

New member here, ifany of u recall I posted about a month ago that I'll be joining all of over here with an Audi as my next car in the months to go. I was debating between a used RS4 or a new S5; however I think I'm really goin to put things on hold until the new Presisdency and see if something is done about the price of fuel were all paying that the pump. Consider the $4 and some change a blessing for now at the Pump I'm well informed that in about 8-12 weeks oil will be over $150 a barrel, rite now its a $123, and it won't stop there around November its expected to be around $200 a barrel meaning we'll be paying just as the Europeans are $6.50-7 a gallon. Mite sound krazy but its no joke. I work fora major trucking company and as manager I'm always talkin wit our diesel suppliers since we go through 10,000 gallons of fuel like nothing. Lovely bill to pay must say... So right now my plans our goin to be on hold in regards to either a S5 or RS4 because obviously there both gas guzzling ****** as we all know, but love everything else about them. As much as I'd love to have either or I sure don't wanna get stuck paying probably nearly $100 every other day if I were to owe either one on gas with what price of gas is goin to hit. So I'll have to reconsider my options for the months to come and hope to God; whoever is left to run this country can work a miracle for us all around the pump or else the age of the V8' are obselete!!! What to do...

Old 05-11-2008, 12:19 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: What To Do...

I don't think the price of gas will ever go back down to what it was; the damage is irrevocable. The market has shown that A.) There is even greater profit to be made than previously thought and B.) Americans, though reluctantly, WILL pay $3.50+ per gallon. And if high-efficiency vehicles become the norm, then eventually the volume of gasoline sold may decrease, at which point there will be even more reason to keep prices high. And don't get to thinking that the next president will be able to do anything about it; that's a pipe dream. I think the best advice is to just get used to it - gasoline will probably never cost less than $3.00/gal at the pump ever again.

Old 05-11-2008, 08:51 PM
Default RE: What To Do...

I can live with payin $3.50-4.50 range no prob; however in a couple of months when were payin $4.5-7 a gallon that will cause some serious turmoil in this country and believe me I'll be pretty furious with it as will everybody else. I'm not expecting fuel to ever go back under 3, forget about it. But what I'm saying is I don't wanna go out by a brand new S5 or used RS4 rite now and get raped at the pump if fuel stays locked at 5-7 a gallon like we'll be seeing in the months to come. Nobody knows if something is goin to be done about it, but rite before Election Day when fuel is at its peak high, believe me our candidates we'll have something to say about it, and more than likely one ofthem arejust gonna have to accept the fact that they need to open the reserves in Alaska + do something about these records these oil companies are making every quarter. When thats done and I know from therewhat I'll be paying at the pump for the years to come than I'll know whether to stick with these Gas Guzzling ****** that I'm in love wit or to UNFORTUNATELY join the trend and get some little piece of SH#@##!!! Only time will tell...