Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

What is the best stuff out there to clean your car with?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2005, 01:57 AM
1st Gear
Default What is the best stuff out there to clean your car with?

Ok, I know we have all spent one time or another sitting and waxing our babies, and there have been some products that just out perform others. So, let me know what the best was you used for your Audi, interior and exterior. Trying to keep my baby clean without hurting the paint or letting the leather fade. Thanks

Oh, just got a 02 Audi A4 3.0: sports package, metallic midnight blue (it looks like it's black at night)

Old 06-11-2005, 02:15 AM
Administrator
Default RE: What is the best stuff out there to clean your car with?

i use zymol wax and soap and this leather conditioner that came wit the car its it has the audi name but is 3M though

Old 06-15-2005, 03:48 AM
1st Gear

Thanks for the advice Panda. [sm=thanx.gif]

Old 06-17-2005, 01:21 PM
2nd Gear

when i go all out on the exterior i use these steps

1 wash car with dawn (original dish soap)

2 clay bar

3 wash car again regular car soap

4 use 3m hand glaze

5 wax

here is a good site to buy stuff car cleaning stuff

Old 06-17-2005, 03:49 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: hb972.8q

1 wash car with dawn (original dish soap)

2 clay bar

3 wash car again regular car soap

4 use 3m hand glaze

5 wax
Holy crap. I usually just wait for it to rain. I will say this board inspired me a couple weeks ago and I washed, polished and waxed. The next day it was dirty. I live on an unpaved road.

I'm going camping this weekend and taking the Audi up a jeep trail. I would normally take my other ride, but couldn't this time. I'll let you all know if I have to replace my oil pan.

Old 06-17-2005, 05:25 PM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: jukeit

Holy crap. I usually just wait for it to rain. I will say this board inspired me a couple weeks ago and I washed, polished and waxed. The next day it was dirty. I live on an unpaved road.

I'm going camping this weekend and taking the Audi up a jeep trail. I would normally take my other ride, but couldn't this time. I'll let you all know if I have to replace my oil pan.

damn that must suck to live in an area like that
do u have a lot of rock chips and stuff
why are u gonna take your audi on a jeep trail its says in the manual this car is not an off road vehicle

Old 06-17-2005, 06:31 PM
1st Gear

I love living where I'm at and wouldn't trade it for anything. Colorado uses a lot of rocks and sand on the roads when it snows.....I have a crap-load of rock chips on the front of the car. They are small and you have to get close to see them, but there are a lot of them. I should probably get one of those clear protection things for the front.

When I wrote jeep trail, I just meant it would be a rough road up to the campsite. It's not riddled with large boulders or anything like that and I will take it slow. It's no worse than the old road I used to live on. It was unmaintained, so after the rain and snow season, the road was F'd. The Audi kicked @ss on it though.

Old 06-21-2005, 01:53 PM
1st Gear

So I took the jeep trail up to the campsite over the weekend. The first part of the road that is maintained was fun as hell. It was dirt and windy so the quattro got worked. The rough part I had to take slow and pick my path carefully. A couple of larger rocks scarped the bottom briefly, but didn't do any damage. Only damage that was done was from my buddies' dogs when I got to the site. Jumped up on the door and added a few scratches. I can't bitch too much because my pooch did the same thing when another friend got there.

Took some hikes, played corn hole http://www.cornpentry.com and drank a bunch of brew. Good times.

Old 06-21-2005, 02:17 PM
Senior Administrator

I use VdT. Cut it, like, 1000/1 with water... It cleans AND shines, and adds 10whp, too! VdT, it's everywhere your Horch wants to be. (2 obscure references in the same thread... I'm gud.)

Hey, phorreal, phoreal, one of our sponsers hawks cleaning supplies. Not only does he ACTUALLY participate in the forums, unlike our other so-called sponsers, but, he's had teh good taste not to push is own products in this thread. Now, I haven't tried any of his products, YET (because I, ummmm, live in an apartment... YEah, THAT'S why. I live in an apartment), but I will, soon. NEbody else wanna Xperry-mint along wit me?