Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

What Audi is the best fit for me?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 12:35 AM
1st Gear
Question What Audi is the best fit for me?

My names Jeff and I'm 19 years old. I am looking to buy my 3rd car, (I've had an '04 Pontiac Grand Prix GT and I am currently fixing a '69 Stingray with a 427bb with matching #'s, t-tops, & fat slicks = my soon to be baby). I am looking for a car currently because my tranny just went on the GT and I am going to fix that later on when I have time.

Right now I've been looking at a ton of different cars and wanted to know a bit about Audi's because I saw some A6's on craigslist and that piqued my interest on the brand. Budget is anywhere from $10,000 to $18,000. I really don't like square look of the 04's or earlier so I was looking for something 05 and up. I want something reliable and I don't mind fixing it myself but I want to be able to beat on it without having it $hit the bed. I am also trying to get away from just FWD cars, so the quattro is what really started making me think about Audis.

As far as a model I am open to all suggestions that people can give me and my plan is to tune it "a bit" (chips, exhaust, intake, ecu, probably not a supercharger). I want to know the differences between all the different types of sedans and coupes, no wagons for me... Opinions on years and prices, mileage, and body styles. Plus any people's personal experiences with either the 2.0T or the 3.2, A4's A6's or A8's, or the S-lines would be appreciated. Thanks!