Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

What’s the stupidest thing you ever did in your car?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 12:22 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: What’s the stupidest thing you ever did in your car?

ORIGINAL: mnaudi

Going 100mph in my '74 Audi 100LS with bad bearings all around.

Driving a 26 ton stake truck into a remodeling customer's yard to pick up trash, only to realize the ground was essentially a bog. Needed one of those huge wreckers to tow it out.

Getting drunk and smashing into my soon to be ex's car when I found out she was screwing another guy on a weekend I had our two kids,after swearing "We're still married, I wouldn't do that." Got arrested for assault but the charges were dropped.

As a valet, backing a customer's car into a light pole, evem though I had been parking cars on that lot for months. She hadn't even walked off the lot yet.

Again as a valet, trying to get a Mazda airborn over a dip in the middle of a parking lot. Hit it just as the customer peeked around the corner to look back. She was none too pleased.
Hahaha, I'm glad she caught you in the act dumbass.

Old 02-14-2007, 12:28 AM
3rd Gear

I had just bought a new Acura 3.2 TL a few years ago and it snowed about a foot. A buddy and I took it to a parking lot and started doing donuts and just getting crazy. The snow was so high, I never saw any curbs. I was doing about 25 and slammed into a curb and blew both of the front tires and broke a wheel. I was frickin' pissed. The payments on the car were bad enough. It was my first really nice car.

Old 02-14-2007, 02:48 AM
1st Gear

Showing off...rolled it...with my wife in it..[:@][:@][:@][:@]
Car totaled and gone..still got my wife..

Old 02-14-2007, 03:20 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: NightFlight

Showing off...rolled it...with my wife in it..[:@][:@][:@][:@]
Car totaled and gone..still got my wife..
[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

Old 02-14-2007, 03:31 AM
4th Gear

Jeff,

You shoulda had the guy from fast & furious 3 teach ya how to drift

ORIGINAL: Jeff

practicing my controlled drifts in the neighborhood at 2am with a straight pipe. i was doing fine just the neighbors woke up. then i attempeted it again in the snow. worked beautifuly but got busted by the neighbors again.

Old 02-14-2007, 05:09 AM

I have a tie...

day before graduation from hs, partied in mexico, on the 5 north drunk swerving through semi-light traffic...I then noticed a cop trying to catch up, ha! I punched it and would not let the needle under 100, then I had two trying to catch me, one finally got behind me and I rolled down my window and waved...then I proceded to brake check him and finally pulled over to the left, which really pissed them off. eventually I signed a ticket for; unsafe lane change, following to closely, violation of a provisional license, excess of 100, no proof of insurance, and wreckless driving! (my first ticket) then the tow truck showed up....I grabbed the cap and gounds out of the back and we ended up at denny's til 3 in the morning when the paperwork finally went through (269$ just to get it out of impound)

The other one was drifting the canyons in my miata and flipping it, the roof collapsed and my friends head was broken open, and all the guys who were coming around the turn after me crashed into each other... Pictures!

Old 02-14-2007, 06:07 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: qUaTtRoA4

I have a tie...

day before graduation from hs, partied in mexico, on the 5 north drunk swerving through semi-light traffic...I then noticed a cop trying to catch up, ha! I punched it and would not let the needle under 100, then I had two trying to catch me, one finally got behind me and I rolled down my window and waved...then I proceded to brake check him and finally pulled over to the left, which really pissed them off. eventually I signed a ticket for; unsafe lane change, following to closely, violation of a provisional license, excess of 100, no proof of insurance, and wreckless driving! (my first ticket) then the tow truck showed up....I grabbed the cap and gounds out of the back and we ended up at denny's til 3 in the morning when the paperwork finally went through (269$ just to get it out of impound)

The other one was drifting the canyons in my miata and flipping it, the roof collapsed and my friends head was broken open, and all the guys who were coming around the turn after me crashed into each other... Pictures!

Wow those are some stupid cops, you should have been arrested no questions asked. Dui + evading police are both felonies.

Old 02-14-2007, 08:18 AM

I know, they figured because I was already going to be loosing my license that he wouldn't make it any harder on me.... Just think about the points
excess of 100-2
unsafe lane change-1
reckless driving-2
following too closely-1
no proof of insurance-2(I did have insurance, just didn't have the card at the time)
Violation of provisional-1
That would have been nine points! if he added a dui and evading to that list, I would have gone to jail!
In California you are only allowed three points and then you get your license suspended, now imagine what seven points does to a 17 year old!....

Old 02-14-2007, 11:38 AM
1st Gear

First off, HOLY **** qUaTtRoA4 you got ***** man lol.

headshok2002 reminded me of another one with the 2 seater follys. Friend of mine would always rip into my 300zx saying **** like its to heavy, its slow, yada yada. Well one day his 'wonderful' dodge daytona shelby turbo that he was so ******* proud of blows out a front axel while he was showing off to a friend of mine in a mall parking lot. So they call me asking for help, guess who got the trunk? hahha My 300zx has dual 3inch pipes, no cat, and flowmaster mufflers with 3 inch tips. It will rattle the pictures off the walls if you rev it to close to your house. Well needless to say I saw my cars one chance for revenge on all the **** he was talking so I spent those extra 5 minutes doing doughnuts with him in the truck smashing back and forth.... we are no longer friends...

Old 02-15-2007, 12:12 AM
1st Gear

haha nice, quattroa4 how exactly did neither of you die?

Quick Reply: What’s the stupidest thing you ever did in your car?