Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

What’s the stupidest thing you ever did in your car?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 05:51 PM
Zombie Defense Force
Default RE: What’s the stupidest thing you ever did in your car?

practicing my controlled drifts in the neighborhood at 2am with a straight pipe. i was doing fine just the neighbors woke up. then i attempeted it again in the snow. worked beautifuly but got busted by the neighbors again.

Old 02-13-2007, 06:28 PM
2nd Gear

a few years agomy buddy hadthis old fordpick up and i had my old 87 jeep yj so we decide to gooff roading inmy oldhigh school football field.

Old 02-13-2007, 07:12 PM
2nd Gear

Going 100mph in my '74 Audi 100LS with bad bearings all around.

Driving a 26 ton stake truck into a remodeling customer's yard to pick up trash, only to realize the ground was essentially a bog. Needed one of those huge wreckers to tow it out.

Getting drunk and smashing into my soon to be ex's car when I found out she was screwing another guy on a weekend I had our two kids,after swearing "We're still married, I wouldn't do that." Got arrested for assault but the charges were dropped.

As a valet, backing a customer's car into a light pole, evem though I had been parking cars on that lot for months. She hadn't even walked off the lot yet.

Again as a valet, trying to get a Mazda airborn over a dip in the middle of a parking lot. Hit it just as the customer peeked around the corner to look back. She was none too pleased.

Old 02-13-2007, 07:20 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: mnaudi

Going 100mph in my '74 Audi 100LS with bad bearings all around.

Driving a 26 ton stake truck into a remodeling customer's yard to pick up trash, only to realize the ground was essentially a bog. Needed one of those huge wreckers to tow it out.

Getting drunk and smashing into my soon to be ex's car when I found out she was screwing another guy on a weekend I had our two kids,after swearing "We're still married, I wouldn't do that." Got arrested for assault but the charges were dropped.

As a valet, backing a customer's car into a light pole, evem though I had been parking cars on that lot for months. She hadn't even walked off the lot yet.

Again as a valet, trying to get a Mazda airborn over a dip in the middle of a parking lot. Hit it just as the customer peeked around the corner to look back. She was none too pleased.
Ahh, you're the guy that gives me reason to not leave my car someplace or be test driven. [sm=gears.gif][sm=boosign.gif]

Old 02-13-2007, 07:26 PM
2nd Gear

My 17-yr old daughter and I were talking about speeding last night. She's still on her learner's permit, so she doesn't have any DRIVING experiences. She told me though, that "The Cuban" and her were in his EVO and he got it up to 150 on the 55 fwy in Newport Beach. Then she tells me they had it up to 107 on Tustin Bl. right in the middle of town. All this was done late night / early AM. Fortunately, "The Cuban" has sold his EVO. Sheesh - my own dtr has gone faster thanI have.

Old 02-13-2007, 09:41 PM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

i bought some bleach. instead of putting it in the trunk, i put it on the floor in the front.....it tipped over and spilled, so obviously had a little white spot on my beige floor mat. that was a few cars ago.
always put liquids in the trunk!

Old 02-13-2007, 09:45 PM
5th Gear

18 years old, 1985 corvette. My first car, I'd had it for 4 days... didn't have plates yet, just a temp in the window.

Anyways, I told my buddy I'd drive him and his gf to a party -- I'd be DD... well, 2 seater obviously, so his gf lay down in the hatch. I ended up fishtailing around this corner... got pulled over... was very messy.
70 in a 50
80 in a 50 (once before the stopsign I fishtailed at, and sped again after my fishtail)
unneccessary noise
careless
passenger without a seatbelt
alcohol accessible to the driver (was all sealed, but in the front seat)

Cop was none too pleased... He was a good guy though.

Old 02-13-2007, 09:49 PM
1st Gear

way too many to chose one !!!

Old 02-13-2007, 09:50 PM
5th Gear

lol I got pulled over 3 times in one night in the audi when it was snowing here at school, it was like 1am and he tried to tell me that I didnt have snow tires ( which was a lie) and he tried to tell me that my FWD car wouldnt go very well in the snow, (also wrong) I explained to him I had AWD and snowtires, he let me off.... i proceeded to do doughnuts in the store parking lot, got pulled over again by the same cop, he yelled at me, then driving back to school I did more cookies in an intersection on campus, again he saw me chased me down and pulled me over.... yelled at me again, and let me off

Old 02-13-2007, 10:02 PM
1st Gear

just passed my test ..... out in the car with a girl ... cruisin .. decided to do a last minute lane change.. old bill see s me ..blue lights. i nail it ( he was some distance back) shot down a little back alley and side road that end s in a one way street ... turn the wrong way up it !! and stright in to a car park .. they fly up we get out and casually walk in to a pub! plod comes over " where you tryin to lose me son " " oh where those lights for me " " this is a one way street how you get in here" " thought that was only from the right of the sign...... " blag blag blag ....... piggy gets bored of this kid tryin to pull a fast one and get away with it .... wrong way one way st £35 fine....

I SHOULD HAVE KEPT GOIN HE WOULD HAVE GONE THE RIGHT WAY UP THE ONE WAY I WOULD HAVE BEEN ON THE OTHER SIDE OF TOWN / OTHERSIDE OF ONE WAY SYSTEM ... STUPID!

Quick Reply: What’s the stupidest thing you ever did in your car?