Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

What’s the stupidest thing you ever did in your car?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 02:08 PM
1st Gear
Default What’s the stupidest thing you ever did in your car?

Bored so I thought this may make my day a little more interesting…

When I was 16 I once drove my 1st Gen Probe in between the pillars on the walkway of a closed outdoor mall... it was really late like 11pm, not a huge thing… but I was doing 65 with like an inch of space on either side of the car and knocked over a bath and body works lotion display, still not sure why they didn’t pull it in for the night. There was lotion everywhere. No damage to the car (thankfully)

I had a POS dodge intrepid for a few months after that probe got smashed, I hated it so much I entered an off road race behind a school with a bunch of friends in pickup trucks, sad part is I actually made it to the football field first. I smashed the **** out of the underbody and damaged the lower control arm bushings and jarred it so hard it damaged the oil pump and the engine destroyed itself slowly over the next week. (note my mom replaced the motor and still drives it 6 years later)

Oh yeah and I convinced a friend to take his explorer off-roading in an under construction industrial district behind some stores and we actually interrupted a group of nudists...or maybe it was people just having sex or something who were camping out back there while there were still some trees. I couldn’t believe it when I saw 3 naked people running from a campfire. Probably thought we were after them.

Old 02-13-2007, 02:12 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: What’s the stupidest thing you ever did in your car?

belongs in the Off topic forum.....

Almost slide over a small enbankment in a parking lot during the first good snow. Came in a little too fast luckily I caught traction and didnt lose it, otherwise I would have went into a pond.

Old 02-13-2007, 02:29 PM
4th Gear

I would have to say street race when i was younger. There was a 1/4 marked off in an industrial park a bunch of people would meet at on weekends. One weekend cops came flying down the strip the opposite way we raced. (luckily no 1 was racing at that point) I ran to my car as the cop was running for me and told me not to get in, then not to start it (with gun draw), i took off the opposite way just to hit a road block. Cop wanted to charge me with attempted man slaughter against a police officer but his partner talked him into just giving me a illegal squealing of the tires instead. [&o]So So So Dumb!

Old 02-13-2007, 02:34 PM
1st Gear

Manslaughter!?!?!?!?!? Well thats not abuse of power, not at all. hahah nice.

Old 02-13-2007, 02:38 PM
2nd Gear

Driving with too bald of tires on the front last Friday and was driving on a curvy hilly area by me. I hit a patch of ice/slush/snow and couldn't get control of it and went flying into the ditch on the opposite side if the road. I was VERY lucky nothing happened to my car. If would have slipped a moment earlier I would have nailed a sign if I would have slipped a moment later I would have crash right into the thick wood posts and guard wires. That would have F'd up my car hardcore! As the cop said, "Wow, you really threaded the needle on that one!" He was so right, I lucked out big time! Thank god!

Old 02-13-2007, 02:39 PM
4th Gear

It's cause he had his gun drawn and pointed at me while my car was running and pointed in his general direction. I was in a street court so i had an option to go left toward him or right and go away from him. (he was about 40ft in front of me) I went right and caught the road block on the other side of the block.

Old 02-13-2007, 03:21 PM
1st Gear

About four and a half years ago I had taken my buddy out drinking for his birthday and we were pretty much doing a bar crawl except I live in Maine so a bar crawl means you need to drive to the next bar. I unfortunately was not being smart and I was drinking also, but only beer, no shots so I wasn't nearly as messed up as my buddy. Anyway ... the last place we went had just closed, but we knew the manager so we went and shot the **** for awhile and he was the only one there when we left.

...It was at that point that I realized that I had a few too many when we were leaving and I ended up driving over front lawn of the restaurant and over the ditch and f'd up the suspense in my new to me 99.5 B5 2.8. Good thing there was no Po-Po around.

Don't drink and drive kids!!!

Old 02-13-2007, 04:28 PM
18T
4th Gear

stupidest thing ive ever done in my car is go past 120mph and getting clocked.

second stupidest thing ive done is turn the esp off in a snowstorm while flooring it out of a gas station. was sliding around for the next quarter mile. although it was controlled slides it was still pretty stupid.

Old 02-13-2007, 04:39 PM
2nd Gear

WAY too many to pick just one, lol.

Old 02-13-2007, 04:50 PM
2nd Gear

140+ mph on I-5

Quick Reply: What’s the stupidest thing you ever did in your car?