Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

went back to my old job

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007 | 06:22 PM
|
2nd Gear
Default went back to my old job

So I have decided to go back to my old job as a cable tech. I have the job and get my truck and equipment monday. i tried different things, truck driver (got bored really fast and time went by like a snail), carpenter assistant ( everyone has some sort of their hands missing or stiched back on, safty was not big there,money sucked too cant live off of 400 take home a week) so i have decided to crawl back to my life as a cable technician for a few reasons, i take home around3x as much a week, I am fully qualified for the job and have no issues with co-workers, everyone who i work with is laid back, and i know wtf i am doin there. I was not sure if i made ther right decision of quitting but atleast i found what i am good at. end of rant. thanks

Old 10-29-2007 | 07:48 PM
Senior Administrator
Default RE: went back to my old job

you're takin home 12/wk?!?!? PHUGKGKGKGKGK!!! I"m in teh RONG profession. I mean, I'm close to the TOP of my game, profession-wise. Only 2-3 hun/wk up, from where I'm at b4 I'm in mgmt, & I gotta security clearance!!! and I anin't bringin howm 12... sheeeeet... Any openings for cable-techs with a scty clearance, in your neighborhood? I'm'a QUICK learner!!!

Old 10-29-2007 | 08:34 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: AWDaholic

you're takin home 12/wk?!?!? PHUGKGKGKGKGK!!! I"m in teh RONG profession. I mean, I'm close to the TOP of my game, profession-wise. Only 2-3 hun/wk up, from where I'm at b4 I'm in mgmt, & I gotta security clearance!!! and I anin't bringin howm 12... sheeeeet... Any openings for cable-techs with a scty clearance, in your neighborhood? I'm'a QUICK learner!!!
Is this English?

Old 10-29-2007 | 09:45 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: BAMF

ORIGINAL: AWDaholic

Is this English?
freals dude what are you talkin about only 2-3 hun/wk up?

Old 10-30-2007 | 02:06 AM
|
2nd Gear

AWDaholic
Date 10/29/2007 4:48:33 PM

you can make more than 12/wk if you upsell (can talk lots of poop)and work around college/uni areas. most money is made in SWO (south werstern ontario) and yes, there are 3 openings but not on SWO only in MOB (mississauga or brampton) and i think its a long drive to ontario for you?...its easy to learn,paid by piece work, gotta hustle to make money. my manager who took me back said he has plans for me in system ops (just below his position) so i am hoping it all turns out good!

Old 10-30-2007 | 02:19 AM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: TeeterTawter

So I have decided to go back to my old job as a cable tech. I have the job and get my truck and equipment monday. i tried different things, truck driver (got bored really fast and time went by like a snail), carpenter assistant ( everyone has some sort of their hands missing or stiched back on, safty was not big there,money sucked too cant live off of 400 take home a week) so i have decided to crawl back to my life as a cable technician for a few reasons, i take home around3x as much a week, I am fully qualified for the job and have no issues with co-workers, everyone who i work with is laid back, and i know wtf i am doin there. I was not sure if i made ther right decision of quitting but atleast i found what i am good at. end of rant. thanks
Interesting that you went back. Didn't you make a thread where ranted on how much the job sucked and how everyone was an *******? I dunno if that was you though.