Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

We'll miss ya Brett

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 10:07 AM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP
Default RE: We'll miss ya Brett

ORIGINAL: 18T

Yes you are supposed to cry.

If you cant appreciate that, then you have no business making stupid remarks like that.
lighten up! i never said he wasn't all those great things as a football player. and, it's nice to see pro players who actually play for the love of the sport and not for money.
my point was, it was my opinion, that he should have left uswith a moving motivational interview. he should have saved that particular interview for the Oprah show.

Old 03-08-2008, 03:53 PM
Administrator

Whatever happened in the interview (I didn't watch), I don't really care. Not a Packers fan at all, but he's without question one of the all-time greats. What he accomplished in records and durability is almost inhuman. However, I have to be honest that, as a Giants fan, I'd much rather face Aaron Robinson than Brett Favre in any situation, so in that respect his retirement is welcome news

On the whole though, it always feels strange to see a retirement by someone of his caliber (as it was when Montana, Elway, LT, Payton, etc retired) - they're the kind of players that change how the game is played and viewed, so it's kind of the end of an era and thier departure leaves a void. Robinson (or whoever else) has some awfully big footsteps to follow in.

Old 03-08-2008, 04:02 PM
18T
4th Gear

lighten up! i never said he wasn't all those great things as a football player. and, it's nice to see pro players who actually play for the love of the sport and not for money.
my point was, it was my opinion, that he should have left uswith a moving motivational interview. he should have saved that particular interview for the Oprah show.
Did you even watch the full interview, not that 2 min clip on the news? He left us (the fans) with exactly what he needed to say.

ORIGINAL: UpstateNYA4

Whatever happened in the interview (I didn't watch), I don't really care.

Robinson (or whoever else) has some awfully big footsteps to follow in.

Nothiing happend in the interview. Someone sincere just retired, thats what.

And Rodgers doensnt need to fill Bretts shoes, like Brett said, " he needs to fill his own".

Old 03-08-2008, 04:37 PM
4th Gear

great speech.