Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

well its been forever

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 11:30 PM
4th Gear

well im not gonna flame, but i have been here longer than you. i joined basically because i was going to get a D2 Audi A8, but it had a blown headgasket that kept me away from it and wound up with an altima, then me and ADD with a passion to modify a car that has been in me for so long kicked in and this is what i did, instead of selling the alti, i decided to make a neat fun little project out of it (like a fellow member on here did with a pretty clean honda civic, yes he posted a honda build on AUDIforums, shocking...now with that said ever so slightly i made it (the altima) the way it is and a KA24DE is a VERY capable engine of making 750 HP with a skyline turbo, balanced crank, stillen cams and forged pistons. of course i had numerous oppurtunities to get a maxima, a VQ35 or a VG30 are both VERY capable engines and powerful from factory, the maxima itself is a heavy ******* car, and a V6 swap in the altima is possible on a small budget. but the altima is a nice smaller and lighter car with a pretty tourqy little engine and just PWNS at auto cross (especially with D2 rs Coilovers installed and a very low center of gravity)

now you know

Old 06-04-2009, 11:39 PM
5th Gear

there's an autocross event at BU 6/22. check it out. http://www.snyr-scca.org/ i might go watch. i don't have any money to try it out lol. i wouldn't get a good time anyways

Old 06-04-2009, 11:46 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by hiwords
there's an autocross event at BU 6/22. check it out. http://www.snyr-scca.org/ i might go watch. i don't have any money to try it out lol. i wouldn't get a good time anyways
i have a schedule in my car

June 21-BU Parking Lot M "Dads Day Challange"
July 19th-BCC College Lot "4"
Aug 23rd BU lot M
Sept 6- Pyrmid Mall lot Ithica

Old 06-05-2009, 01:36 AM
Administrator

KA series? Psshh... That's a truck engine!

Kidding bro. So what's the future plan for the ride?
Sell it and get a D2?

Old 06-12-2009, 11:45 PM
4th Gear

plans are beefing up the motor, im happy with this little car, even though it ran low 11's in the 1/8th mile today lol

Old 06-12-2009, 11:50 PM

Cars lookin good jp, waaay better than it did when you first got it lol
Originally Posted by redline380
ummm.... this is AUDIforums! with that stated ever so lightly, not a bad altima. but the question does begged to be asked, why not the maxima?
N00B!

Old 06-13-2009, 05:44 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by CAB509
nice, to be honest I don't mind those cars but the backend needed some kind of redesign from the factory to look better. It looks weird to me.

I like the paint though and the work you've put into it shows.
I admire you choosing an unusual car to mod, but I have to agree, I've never liked this body style. I like your changes though. Should've come stock that way-ish.

Old 06-13-2009, 02:39 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Gigantor
I admire you choosing an unusual car to mod, but I have to agree, I've never liked this body style. I like your changes though. Should've come stock that way-ish.
yea i kinda thought it looked funny, i especially hated the grill trim and the (stock 99) rear bumper. so those were the 2 things i wanted changed right away.

Old 06-13-2009, 02:41 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by a6sheriff
Cars lookin good jp, waaay better than it did when you first got it lol
thanks. **** brown with the wheel gap of an SUV just didnt cut it for me lol

Old 06-13-2009, 05:53 PM
Legal Moderator

jeeze i was just playin around a little! it is the off topic section after all. i will have you know i do appreciate all kinds of cars. im currently helping a buddy do a 4g63 duild in his 2nd gen eclipse

Quick Reply: well its been forever