Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Watkins Glen tomorrow!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 03:21 AM
2nd Gear
Default Watkins Glen tomorrow!

Packing up my gear and heading down to the Glen tomorrow afternoon. It's a 2.5 day event (Wed-Fri) with the Deleware BMW club (my roommate drives a bimmer, so I'm rolling with him). This will be my second track event, I did one last summer, also at the Glen, also with a BMW club...I just signed up for an Audi NEQ school at the end of August.

I'm rolling on new rubber (Kuhmo Ecstas purchased 2 months ago), some EBC Greenstuff (which I have hopefully bedded correctly), new oil, new brake fluid, and an alignment. Dialed-in and ready! (Wish I had some new shocks to go with it...damn Cekret/Bilstein group-buy never materialized [:@] )

Here's the problem...it's supposed to rain like a b@stard all three days. Last year, it rained on the first day and my roommate lost control and hit the Armco...totaled his car. He salvaged it and has been repairing all year, and his rear quarterpanel is still covered in unpained Bondo. NEEDLESS TO SAY, I'm very gun-shy about running the rain. I was obviously very wary last year after seeing my buddy (who has a LOT more experience than I do) wreck his ride, but i was hoping to loosen up and start getting into those turns this time. But I don't really want to push it in the rain. I'm hoping they have a skidpad or something to do if it's really pouring.

I sometimes think a little knowledge can be dangerous. How did everyone elses' second track event turn out compared to your first one? Hopefully I'll get the jitters worked out. And if it rains, I'll represent the Quattro for all the rear-wheel bimmers to drool over.

Anyways, no real question here...just excited

Old 07-11-2006, 03:46 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: Watkins Glen tomorrow!

cool beans. WIsh I was gonna be there. as for the corners. the only real way to know exactly when it is to much is at the moment you lose it. fortunaly for the audis, they are very forgiving. push it about 90% and you shouldn't have a prob. and if your feeling lucky only push it all the way on corners with run off areas. so taht you stand less chance of wrecking your ride.

Old 07-13-2006, 02:31 AM
2nd Gear

sounds awesome, that's a great track. post some pics and let us know how it goes.

Old 07-20-2006, 12:51 AM
2nd Gear

Hey guys,

Sorry for the blatent post-whoring, I figured I'd follow up in the off topic forum with a link to the pictures I posted in the A4 forum.

sorry if the videos don't work, I don't know how to host them so everyone can see them

https://www.audiforums.com/m_314523/tm.htm