Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Wasting Bandwidth??? WTF???

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 01:25 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Wasting Bandwidth??? WTF???

alright i really think this should end about right now, i'm really tired of coming back here and reading all of this

Old 04-27-2005, 01:27 AM
1st Gear

This is a internet forum, get a life, its place to have fun and talk cars and meet friends and have a good time, what the hell is wrong with you guys, you think just cuz ur admin ur like God, its disgusting. I dont want anything like happen before, but this is bullshit.

Old 04-27-2005, 01:28 AM
1st Gear

btw- I too know everything that happens/ happened. Now why dont u lock this thread and delete so no ones truly knows what happen just like the last time. When this gona be deleted? this is off topic you know? so why cant it be here ?

Old 04-27-2005, 01:35 AM
1st Gear

It's not been deleted... has it...

Patrick nor Jestnomen banned him... I DID... and I run ths site... I have final say... again, if you don't like it, move on. David K was warned that I wasn't going to take any crap from him after the last bunch of incidents... he went too far and threatened someone... AND bitched about something that was breaking the rules... PEOPLE CAN'T FLAME OTHERS HERE. It's starting to get out of hand, so I'm going to end it. Patrick closed a thread, with he consulting me about and then Dave posted this threat and warning... it doesn't work that way... there are people in charge here, we run a great site with an awesome bunch of people here... yet it IS a privledge to post here and be a member, if you don't like the rules... MOVE ON. If you want to be a member... GREAT... just follow the rules like most of you have been doing.

It may be an internet forum... but it's my job... I run this and 40 other auto forum sites... so it's more then just a place to BS... this is my job... and I know what I'm doing whether you think so or not.

~Amanda

Old 04-27-2005, 01:37 AM
Administrator

For those who have issues with finding the rules...here you go. i have highlighted in bold why i closed those pointless threads...rule one and two.

1. There will be no flaming within this forum. Flaming or otherwise offensive posts will be edited, locked or deleted.

2. There will be absolutely no post whoring anywhere in AF. [That's posting post without content, just a smiley or silly expression.]
- Do not make a post entitled "Redline I need help" or "Hey so and so". If you need to speak with an individual PM them.

3. No course/foul language or nudity/gorey pictures will be tolerated. Young people view this site as well as people at work where it's not appropriate.

4. When posting a question please try and give us a detailed title and explanation so we may get an accurate idea of what your question is before we go spouting off ideas of what the solution may be.

5. There is to be no advertising here at AudiForums.com without prior permission from either myself or Ralph. So if you would like to advertise, setup a link exchange or so forth please contact Amanda at Amanda@AudiForums.com.

In addition, we don't want you uploading a picture/graphic and linking it at another site. It steals our server space and robs our members of a faster AF. So, if you go to another site and plan to display a picture with a URL that starts with: "http://www.AudiForums.com/.........." PLEASE DON'T. We can and will ban you for stealing bandwidth.

the bottom line is that the mods and admin have the final say, PERIOD. when you sign up you are supposed to read the guidelines by which the forum is run, and it specifically states that flamming and profanity are not permitted. alot of things slide here that do not slide at others, such as the thong thread, but since you guys have kept it free of nudity, i have left it up. the rules are bent plenty, and when ALL of the rules are constantly pushed by a mouthy kid, measures have to be taken, and will be again, if need be.

Old 04-27-2005, 01:45 AM
1st Gear

I respect that and I respect your decision. I only feel its a very petty way to conduct yourself(banning someone for having fun and chatting???, come on?. This forum is a great place when jest is modding it, we have a great site, very imformationl, just poorly run, we have no problems till the likes of you show up. Im not ranting/ bitching here at all so dont get the wrong idea, this is/most of the time, a great forum.

btw- dont take this as a comeback/ rebuttle to your post, just some stuff to maybe make AF a better more enjoyable play to be.

Old 04-27-2005, 01:50 AM
Administrator

just some stuff to maybe make AF a better more enjoyable play to be.

well, as far as all admin and mods (and evidently some members) are concerned, we just did.

Old 04-27-2005, 01:53 AM
5th Gear

Am I missing Dave's threat? I saw a lot of sh*t disturbing... but I would like to think I'd remember him threatening somebody... that'd be a new side of him, for me anyways.

1st Gear

Dude, get a life, seriosly.

btw- this was cute....

"measures have to be taken, and will be again, if need be. "

Gee i wonder who this was aimed at

1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Theblackbeast

I respect that and I respect your decision. I only feel its a very petty way to conduct yourself(banning someone for having fun and chatting???, come on?. This forum is a great place when jest is modding it, we have a great site, very imformationl, just poorly run, we have no problems till the likes of you show up. Im not ranting/ bitching here at all so dont get the wrong idea, this is/most of the time, a great forum.

btw- dont take this as a comeback/ rebuttle to your post, just some stuff to maybe make AF a better more enjoyable play to be.
Hmmm... that's because I only have to show up when there is a problem?? Yep, I'd guess that's the reason.

I didn't ban him for having fun and chatting... I banned him for threatening... and I had previously warned him about his BS. He causes trouble, I warned him about it... THAT'S why is was banned. I post here often enough and it's not like I walk around here like my **** doesn't stink... I post and have fun with the rest of you, but when a problem arises, I have to be the Admin... that's just how it is.

I'm tired of arguing so I'm closing this, if anyone wants to continue to bitch at me, PM me.

~Amanda