Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Warning: Focus content (56K... why do you have an Audi... and dialup?)

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 08:22 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: Warning: Focus content (56K... why do you have an Audi... and dialup?)

lol, that's exactly waht i'm thinking. seeing as SVTs are rare in my area... very rare... i'm thinking i'll just get the first one i come across. but that sonic blue is just so so sweet

Old 12-21-2005, 08:50 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Warning: Focus content (56K... why do you have an Audi... and dialup?)

ORIGINAL: CheckMyVitals

could definatly make good with a euro rear... but for hte amount of mods on the car... it actually pulls it off pretty cleanly IMO
Where's that one smiley when you need it? You know, the "OMGWTFSTFUBBQ, I just threw up everything I've ever eaten including things from past lives, I've seen more attractive tumerous growths, hooray for 16 second show cars, I'd rather be raped repeatedly by Ellen Degeneres or stick my ***** in a nest of baby scorpions than ever even think about the fact that I just had to look at that horrible excuse for a tuner car ever again" smiley? We don't have one of those?

Suffice it to say, I'm not feeling it.....

Old 12-21-2005, 09:21 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: SilverSeven

could definatly make good with a euro rear... but for hte amount of mods on the car... it actually pulls it off pretty cleanly IMO
Where's that one smiley when you need it? You know, the "OMGWTFSTFUBBQ, I just threw up everything I've ever eaten including things from past lives, I've seen more attractive tumerous growths, hooray for 16 second show cars, I'd rather be raped repeatedly by Ellen Degeneres or stick my ***** in a nest of baby scorpions than ever even think about the fact that I just had to look at that horrible excuse for a tuner car ever again" smiley? We don't have one of those?

Suffice it to say, I'm not feeling it.....
LOL! that was one of the best rants i've read in a long time. to each their own... i've actually become a huge focus fan. however... just judging by the engine bay pics... (i'm assuming you have a 1.8T) you'd have to be chipped to keep with that car (just commenting on the 16sec)
I'll agree with anyone that says that a car with that kinda body needs to be pushing 250hp+, that's why i just showed pics, and didn't mention any specs (nor look... because that engine bay pic is all i need to see to know it's nothing special)

Old 12-21-2005, 09:50 PM
4th Gear

what is the purpose for this Focus? Does it fill a daily driver need? Do you plan on turning it into a 600hp rally car? Something else? I don't feel the body style, so I need some background to give you profound advice.

Old 12-21-2005, 11:26 PM
2nd Gear

however... just judging by the engine bay pics... (i'm assuming you have a 1.8T) you'd have to be chipped to keep with that car (just commenting on the 16sec)
Hold da phone. You're assuming I have a 1.8T (or did I misunderstand that)? No 1.8T here. I used to have the turbo S4, now I have a 13 sec E39 M5, 13 sec Gen2 Lightning, an 11 sec RX-7, and a 66 Mustang that should be pushing about 500 wheel HP when I get the Windsor block done and installed (bored and stroked to 427 cubic inches plus Paxton supercharger).

(just to keep my 16 second comment in perspective)

Old 12-21-2005, 11:48 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: pturbo

what is the purpose for this Focus? Does it fill a daily driver need? Do you plan on turning it into a 600hp rally car? Something else? I don't feel the body style, so I need some background to give you profound advice.
we talking about my SVT venture? it'll be a DD... with occasional autocrossing.

THIS red ZX3 shown at the start of the thread was a show car... sold for $9800... and is now a DD

ORIGINAL: SilverSeven

however... just judging by the engine bay pics... (i'm assuming you have a 1.8T) you'd have to be chipped to keep with that car (just commenting on the 16sec)
Hold da phone. You're assuming I have a 1.8T (or did I misunderstand that)? No 1.8T here. I used to have the turbo S4, now I have a 13 sec E39 M5, 13 sec Gen2 Lightning, an 11 sec RX-7, and a 66 Mustang that should be pushing about 500 wheel HP when I get the Windsor block done and installed (bored and stroked to 427 cubic inches plus Paxton supercharger).

(just to keep my 16 second comment in perspective)
lmao. you understood correctly
lol... fair enough... but that focus could SPANK that stang... now (it's on blocks ain't it?)
forgot you were the FD guy

Old 12-21-2005, 11:55 PM
2nd Gear

but that focus could SPANK that stang... now (it's on blocks ain't it?)
She's not totally on blocks, she's actually on a rotisserie last time I saw her, but my old business parter might have taken her off of there. The Focus might be a little faster right now.....

forgot you were the FD guy
Yeah, I get that a lot. Maybe I should post some pictures or something.

Old 12-22-2005, 12:15 AM
4th Gear

it'll be a toit race. i don't think we could ever convince anyone to film such an intense race. the stakes are too high
so you got the windsor on the stang... what rear end are you throwing in?
and cosmetic wise... what colour? what rims *cough*torqthrust*cough*

lol, you could just slap "yes. I'm the FD guy" in your sig

Old 12-22-2005, 01:30 AM
2nd Gear

what rear end are you throwing in?
and cosmetic wise... what colour? what rims *cough*torqthrust*cough*
The rear end depends on the transmission I can find, with a five speed, I'll probably go high 3s, if I can mangage to make a 6 speed fit, I'll go low-mid 4s, but as yet indecided.

Also still not sure on the color, and it's a tough choice. For all the years I was racing, my cars/bikes were always glossy black with some sort of flat black graphics and a sliver pinstripe around the graphics. It even earned my the nickname "Shadow", because everything was always black. So while I feel required to stick to that, I kinda want to break the mold and do something obnoxious like candy apple red with chrome and white graphics. Who knows? i'll figure it out eventually.

Wheels are probably going to be 18 inch CCW Classics, just like on the FD, or possibly the CCW SP600. They look good and they're light as hell, so.....

lol, you could just slap "yes. I'm the FD guy" in your sig
How about this? V V V V V

Old 12-22-2005, 02:32 AM
4th Gear

i've never thought of that style of wheel on a mustang. will definatly be interesting
i'd go with teh original colour of the mustang for sure, if i remember correctly... it was your first car or soemthing? i plan on keeping my first car around forever... and just slowly do all the things i want to do to it over the years. probably sell it this year or next... and keep track of it to buy back when it dies. so coming from that perspective... if i were in your shoes... i'd be goign for the exact colour... and treat is as the car you wanted to build back then
a 6speed on a '67 will also be veeeery interesting.

lol, that sig'll definatly do. who the hell is that chick btw? she's absolutely amazing

Quick Reply: Warning: Focus content (56K... why do you have an Audi... and dialup?)