Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Wanna race?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 06:42 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Wanna race?

so there you can buy any gun u want, but you wont be able to buy a turbo or nos kitfor your carbecause you are a potential racer and may kill somebody... they should just start arresting kids that enjoy fast bicycles without helmetsorones that drive too fast in their mini cars, or better yet the ones that enjoy getting pushed reallyfast in their strollers!!!... im sorry if that came out wrong or anyone is offended, i live nowhere near that area so i have no idea how bad it is over there, i have read there was over 10 "related" deaths since march so it does make some sense but if u add it over the past few years that choking on skittles has been more of a killer than street racing.... i think the law is too opinion based.

Old 06-21-2007, 07:18 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

ORIGINAL: djuro37

so there you can buy any gun u want, but you wont be able to buy a turbo or nos kitfor your carbecause you are a potential racer and may kill somebody... they should just start arresting kids that enjoy fast bicycles without helmetsorones that drive too fast in their mini cars, or better yet the ones that enjoy getting pushed reallyfast in their strollers!!!... im sorry if that came out wrong or anyone is offended, i live nowhere near that area so i have no idea how bad it is over there, i have read there was over 10 "related" deaths since march so it does make some sense but if u add it over the past few years that choking on skittles has been more of a killer than street racing.... i think the law is too opinion based.
So, when you graduated kindergarten, did they have to pin your diploma on you so you wouldn't lose it on the special bus home? The Peoples Republic of California has THE WORST gun laws in the nation, so it's only fair that they have the worst car laws. Yes, the laws are pretty horrible, but they are meant to DETER JACKASSES FROM RACING. Oh, you can't see that? If you think for a second that street racing doesn't actually kill people, you have absolutely no right being near a car for the rest of your life. All laws are opinion based, and that's why we have trials by jury. Do you honestly think that if you get pulled over for street racing they will shred your car the next day? There are appeals, court hearings, and probably a million legal loopholes that can get you out. I've personally witnessed the aftermath of these smacktards racing each other on public roads, so yes, I do feel that they deserve harsh punishment.

And as far as comparing guns to cars, yes, cars are more expensive. (But .50BMG is so much fun in full auto! ) However, like a gun, if you decide to use your car in such a manner that you endanger yourself and those around you, you don't deserve to have it.

Old 06-21-2007, 07:20 PM
4th Gear

like I said earlier - it has the potential for abuse...

there has been an ever growing increase in "nanny" laws - those designed to make you behave - rather than punish you for committing a crime that infringes on anyone's basic rights.

for instance -

Billy owns a Honda - races and crashes - killing his passenger that wasn't wearing a seatbelt - he gets convicted of vehicular manslaughter because he chose to race. Involuntary manslaughter would have been he was slightlyexceeding the limit and a tire blew and the death occurred for instance.

That's a crime and possible punishment.

Billy owns a Honda - gets pulled over because of possible racing activities - car's modded - car gets impounded (and maybe loses his car- permanently) and he gets a ticket because his buddy wasn't wearing a seatbelt (in CA it's the drivers responsibility to make sure others wear theirs).

That's breaking "nanny" laws. No true crime has been committed - but he broke the law non-the-less...

Insurance is a joke in CA - nearly 40% of those driving don't have enough or none at all - then you have 1 out of every 5 are illegal aliens and there's another can of worms...

I see it everyday, mate...

Old 06-21-2007, 07:27 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

******* illegal aliens, that's where my ammo should go. I have never been to the range and gone through less than two boxes of ammo (one box = 200 rounds for my 9mm, 100 rounds for my .40's or 12ga) so yeah, one box of ammo isn't even a days worth of play.

And the $30k? That was for one gun, not a collection.

Old 06-21-2007, 07:54 PM
1st Gear

I can't say I agree with this law in anyway, Street racing is a very very hazy subject. I recall one night a few years back, I was driving home from work late one night, with a co-worker behind me in the same direction. It was down pouring really bad, and as I came upon the light it turned yellow even doing the speed limit had I tried to stop and slam on my breaks I may have skidded through the light so i speed up slightly to clear it and went through it still being yellow. Well the co-worker decided he wanted to run the light right on my tail, a cop happend to be in th area and pulled us both over for "street racing". His description to me was two cars moving together at ANY speed ignoring all visiable track signs(this case the eilleged red light he said I ran). little to say I got hit with a very very large ticket since he didn't care to listen to my details of why I couldnt stop and not knowing why my co-worker ran the right.

Old 06-21-2007, 07:57 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

ORIGINAL: deph

I can't say I agree with this law in anyway, Street racing is a very very hazy subject. I recall one night a few years back, I was driving home from work late one night, with a co-worker behind me in the same direction. It was down pouring really bad, and as I came upon the light it turned yellow even doing the speed limit had I tried to stop and slam on my breaks I may have skidded through the light so i speed up slightly to clear it and went through it still being yellow. Well the co-worker decided he wanted to run the light right on my tail, a cop happend to be in th area and pulled us both over for "street racing". His description to me was two cars moving together at ANY speed ignoring all visiable track signs(this case the eilleged red light he said I ran). little to say I got hit with a very very large ticket since he didn't care to listen to my details of why I couldnt stop and not knowing why my co-worker ran the right.
Easy way to avoid that is to learn how to control your car, and get smarter friends.

Old 06-21-2007, 08:08 PM
1st Gear

thats where im coming from, people that are "coming home from work" are going to be busted for this crap and those street racers are going to cleverly conceal their activities from dumbs**t cops... so they keep racing and the ones that have to be explained the definition of street racing may be charged and have their vehicle taken away... one question, does innocent until proven guilty apply to this, the guy that had his car taken away had it taken for months and then crushed... wtf is the point of that, he still didnt have it, so it might as well have been crushed on the day they caught him... like i said before, im expressing my point of view and dont mean to offend anyone.. some people are dumb to do this but they are smarter to get away with it also, cops dont care and get high fives for catching people to crush their cars

Old 06-21-2007, 08:10 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: cyberlogicx

ORIGINAL: deph

Easy way to avoid that is to learn how to control your car, and get smarter friends.
if it was that easy would there be any street racing issues in the first place?

Old 06-22-2007, 12:33 AM
1st Gear

not a matter of learning to conrol my car, it was the point where I may not have been able to stop without skiding due to me slamming on my breaks in order to stop.

Old 06-22-2007, 01:33 AM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

Either your ABS isn't working, or you have **** for tires, and if the conditions were so bad you shouldn't have been travelling at such speeds. If you felt that you didn't deserve that ticket, how come you didn't fight it? Or if you did fight it, why did you lose? You should never blame the conditions for your inability to drive your own car. That's about as bad as someone saying that they crashed because they were too old to drive safely.

Quick Reply: Wanna race?