Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Wanna race?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 01:14 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: Wanna race?

It's the punk kids & grownups that still act like kids that did this to them selfs. It started as a ticket and maybe impound for serious and/or multiple offenses. The kids dont care and go back and do it again. They are rebellious towards authority and think that they will do what they want.

Now the police are getting tired of the bullsh!t so theymade a law that shows their power. You want to break the law so now we are going to break your car! I like the message they are giving. (You didn't listen so we took it away, now you still wont listen so we are going to completely destroy your precious little baby.)

Old 06-21-2007, 02:09 PM
4th Gear

That is just f*cking ridiculous, that you can't modify your car in certain cities... Modifying your car may give the perception that you are looking to street race when in reality man people do it as a hobby because its enjoyable and brings you closer to your car. That pisses me off to read such things, how can anyone tell you what you can and can't do with your CAR. And as stated above, if you get a DUI more than ONE time, thats right ONE time your car should be smashed. There are people who have like 5-6 DUIS have done a little prison time but just keep doing it untill someone gets hurt. Now that is ridiculous and wayyyyy more dangerous than a 16 year old kid going fast (Well sorta)

I've street raced but I don't do it in populated areas, I dont go on the wrong side of the road, I don't go over 90MPH, and I most definitly don't put pedestrians or innocent peoples lifes in danger. Its very simple to find a deserted area and do a few runs with a friend. And going from a stop to 90, or a roll to 100 is wayyyyy different then weaving on the freeway at 90-120 inbetween cars to try en prove your faster. Now that is just f*cking stupid and anyone on this forum that has done that deserves a kick in the *****. Sadly the weaving thing is very common in California, everytime I go out there I can recall being on the freeway and have two Hondas or Supras *Different league cars* pass our car going 120 + with LED's underneath there cars. Its just ridiculous stunts that these kids feel they can pull without any consequences. I agree, weaving traffic above 100mph = Instant car smash. But seeing two people street race? Alone? In a straight line? Give me a ******* break, there are much worse things taken place then two kids going at it in the middle of no where. (Assuming they aren't idiots and know to leave civilization to do such things)

Old 06-21-2007, 03:25 PM
5th Gear

just heard about this the other day. apparently Florida is thinking about copying Cali. i think its the gayest fukin thing i've ever heard of. its your car, and your property. they have no right to destroy it. especially for something like racing. IMO racing is way too hyped up. old people and stupid women (notice the stupid in front of the women, not all women suck at driving) cause more accidents and deaths than people who race. whats next, anytime a cop spots you on your cell phone, your car gets demo'd. they need to start having a mandatory drivers license renewal every 5 years after you hit 60 before this ****. and im not even gona start with DUI cases and such. straight up, this law can kiss my ***.

Old 06-21-2007, 04:10 PM
2nd Gear

Just read an article in the local San Gabriel Valley newspaper concerning the vehicle crushes. Apparently, with each and every one of the cars smashed, the authorities found either a missing or altered VIN, or stolen parts. In one guy's case, it was his transmission.

In other words, your car isn't being crushed just because you were street racing.

---------
Marshall

Old 06-21-2007, 04:25 PM
4th Gear

well that's an entirely different thing - but to be honest - how did they know it was a stolen tranny? In the corp I work for we have 2 rather large wrecking yards and sell used trannys left and right... never new about serial numbers on trannys... but I could be wrong...

bogus VINs I see 3 or 4 times a week... but most go back to the original owner (mostly are GTA recoveries once the true VIN is found off the chassis). but if no legal VIN is found we are ordered to scrap it - essentially selling the car by parts but the vehicle can never be sold as a whole.

Old 06-21-2007, 04:33 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

ORIGINAL: karguy427

Just read an article in the local San Gabriel Valley newspaper concerning the vehicle crushes. Apparently, with each and every one of the cars smashed, the authorities found either a missing or altered VIN, or stolen parts. In one guy's case, it was his transmission.

In other words, your car isn't being crushed just because you were street racing.

---------
Marshall
Yeah, that changes everything. I am pretty sure they wouldn't just destroy your car for racing, but using it as a threat hopefully will be effective.

Old 06-21-2007, 04:50 PM
2nd Gear

The problem in GTA in ontario is that the closest Drag strip is 2 hours away in cayuga or london, gotta go to mosport (another 2 hours) to go on a track.
they do the auto-x every so often here too tho, but some ppl just need the thrill i guess and are to lazy to drive 2 hours to get that thrill when they can do it like retards on the street. if they had a drag strip or track closer to the city i don't think it would be so bad here in ontario canada.

Old 06-21-2007, 05:11 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

ORIGINAL: Palindariâ„¢

Gun ownership doesn't require a huge financial burden (long term loans, insurance, fuel consumption, etc.) nor is it beneficial to your livelihood (commuting to and from work, grocery shopping, etc.).
You're wrong about that. I have several friends who own guns that cost well in excess of $30k, and in many cases guns are beneficial to ones livelyhood. Many people hunt for livings or for their own survival, or for fun and sport. I almost bought a HK-91 (but I bought an Audi instead) which easily sells for more than many of those kids pay for their cars, and .50BMG ammo goes for around $15 a round. 5 rounds = more than your tank of premium.

Old 06-21-2007, 06:27 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: cyberlogicx

ORIGINAL: Palindariâ„¢

Gun ownership doesn't require a huge financial burden (long term loans, insurance, fuel consumption, etc.) nor is it beneficial to your livelihood (commuting to and from work, grocery shopping, etc.).
You're wrong about that. I have several friends who own guns that cost well in excess of $30k, and in many cases guns are beneficial to ones livelyhood. Many people hunt for livings or for their own survival, or for fun and sport. I almost bought a HK-91 (but I bought an Audi instead) which easily sells for more than many of those kids pay for their cars, and .50BMG ammo goes for around $15 a round. 5 rounds = more than your tank of premium.
ROFL... too funny! nice try, but you have no argument, mate - I'm talking about 1 car per person - that's like comparing Jay Leno's car collection to one of your buddies gun arsenal. Jay's is in the millions... [8D]

lol... buying a HK-91 to hunt with is the equivalent of buying a Porsche to commute to church... lol... fired one of those on full auto - it's standard German Army issue weapondry - or at least it was back in '87. Besides wasn't the 91 banned back '89 for US import?

lets get basic here - a "gun" - let's say a basic 9mm Beretta (for basic home defense) goes for under $600 - holster, sights, box of ammo,etc. let's double that to $1200. no more expense except ammo and unless you plan on defending your place against mutants or terrorists - I doubt you'll use a box in less than a year

average car costs $12000 (again just basic transportation) - that's not including insurance, yearly tags and registration, basic maintence, fuel, etc. (insurance=$1000 per yr, tags=$150+, fuel=$1200, maintenance=$500) - that's $2850 per year to use it normally - twice your gun costs all together! and that's yearly!

even .50 cal rds. don;t cost you that much per year - again unless you're a mercenary for hire... lol

again - no comparison, mate

Old 06-21-2007, 06:35 PM
2nd Gear

John - Just sent you a PM

Quick Reply: Wanna race?