Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Wanna race?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 09:07 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: Wanna race?

ORIGINAL: vnv727

no way mate its a dangerous precedent, i for one cant applaud anything that can be so vague as "street racing" which gives government(the cops in this case) more power.....this is ridiculous, and if you want proof go to www.officer.com and read there forums...youll see at least, id say at least 25% of the cops ARE TOTAL pieces of ****, just like regular people....
You cynical bastard. ... I love it.

Old 06-20-2007, 09:13 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: headshok2002

Keep in on the track, I guess. The gov't should open up a few tracks and see if it helps. Make it very affordable etc. Maybe... just maybe it'd work. Who knows. It's certainly worth trying, though.
i think this would work more than anything... here in ontario, there is hardly any tracks open to the public... my friends father wanted to pave a few roads on his farm so people could come and drive around but the government quickly gave him a no answer, i think somethign like that would help even...

Old 06-20-2007, 09:21 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

If you 'need' to race so badly, go autocross, go to a track, go rallycross or hillclimb. There are so many sanctioned and perfectly legal events to go to there is absolutely no reason to be a street racer, and buiding a car for the sole purpose of doing so is just ******* retarded.

Old 06-20-2007, 10:10 PM
1st Gear

oh no not a need to race... i wantmy carto be worth every penny i paid for it, i wanna push to every rpm it can handle, and here in canada i dont have that many choices with events and/or places to go where i can do this... i honestly understand where u r coming from, i totally agree with what you are saying with people shouldnt race because of all the inocent people but i mean, why didnt they introduce this with drunk drivers, they kill way many more innocent people, or for that case any other "impaired" drivers... i know theres people that do it on a regular basis but they are going to hurt the ones that like to "hit the gas on the occasional red light" ... but i also dont want to pay $100 track fee and $50 insurance fee to drive in an oval (thats all i got here, and by here i mean 150km away/95 miles away), kinda makes me wanna drive faster on the highways for free.

Old 06-20-2007, 10:25 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

You know, I hadn't even thought about drunk (and impaired) drivers. Our laws and crackdowns on them have been so harsh lately they have become less and less of a problem. Street racing here isn't really a problem, but in places where it is then harsh measures should be taken. I personally like the idea of banning them from not only having a licesne for a certain amount of time, but banning them from owning a car, as well. Or making it so they can't be insured. People would start to get the message if you made their lives miserable, and not just hit them with a monetary fine and probation.

Old 06-20-2007, 10:41 PM
2nd Gear

here are those news reporsts i told ya about,in certain parts of ontario wehave problems with street racing. trucker onehttp://www.thestar.com/article/226880some other honda one
http://www.thestar.com/article/226269

Old 06-20-2007, 10:52 PM
2nd Gear

'We will crush your car,' Bryant warns racers
http://www.thestar.com/article/227464

Old 06-20-2007, 11:08 PM
4th Gear

I'd run before I let my car get crushed.

Old 06-21-2007, 12:36 AM
1st Gear

teetertawter... do u live in mississauga,ontario?

Old 06-21-2007, 12:40 AM
2nd Gear

yes...why? do you?

Quick Reply: Wanna race?