Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Volkswagen plant in America?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 05:54 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: Volkswagen plant in America?

Bad idea. I don't want my cars made in America. Sorry but the quality sucks here.

Old 12-16-2007, 07:20 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Volkswagen plant in America?

ORIGINAL: apr_a4

that dosent make sence 95& of the car is made by machine
Right. So, tell me why the same robots makes better cars in Europe and Japan, and unreliable cars in US? If you are planning to blame vendors, then they all have pretty much the same level of vendors, and also the quality can always be monitored and new standards can always be made for vendors.

OK, let make things easy for you. Why only Saturn among all the brands in US have the highest customer satisfaction, and reliability? It was the first brand to move outside the unions and crappy workforce/management of Detroit. The machines were the same that made Saturn and other GM/Chevy/Ford vehicles. I know someone whose brother works in GM (in designs) for last 11 yrs, and he told that the workforce started forming unions and when their demands were not met, they started doing the shoddy jobs in fit and finish and electricals, and other mechanical installation. Customer satisfaction dropped, so people started buying Hondas and Toyotas, the GM market share fell, profits dropped,so they have to lay 5000 people....so in a way the workers in Detroit...fucked themselves. LOL.

Do some study...and it will all start making sense.