Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Volkswagen plant in America?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 09:20 AM
2nd Gear
Default Volkswagen plant in America?

Came across this article on MSNs web page. It explains how manufacturers are planning on building plants here in America to reduce on shipping costs to the States. Numerous companies including Fiat and Volkswagen!

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com...MadeInUSA.aspx

Check it out!

Old 12-15-2007, 10:59 AM
Senior Administrator
Default RE: Volkswagen plant in America?

it'd be cool, only if they reduced the price of their products, to reflect their new, lower infrastructure maintainence costs, but, since it's simply so they can keep more of what they're already overcharging me for... I'm less than impressed.

Old 12-15-2007, 12:01 PM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

i don't think it's a good idea.
part of the reason i think american cars suck is that the work force here is lazy and doesn't care about the products they put out.

Old 12-15-2007, 12:16 PM
2nd Gear

That and poor design.

Old 12-15-2007, 01:17 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Khardysius

Came across this article on MSNs web page. It explains how manufacturers are planning on building plants here in America to reduce on shipping costs to the States. Numerous companies including Fiat and Volkswagen!

Check it out!
I will give up my Audi, if they will plan to start manuacturing one in US. The American cars are not that bad....it's the idiots working in Detroit that make shitty cars to avenge the management....that was the reason, the guy who put the idea of Saturn, took the car totally outside Detroit. Saturn's are the most reliable of the American lot. The management in Detroit sucks, and the workers too. Having said that, where ever they put a plant, they still can't make anything close to Europeans. Another example...X5 from BMWs have the lowest reliability ratings...cause they are made in USA.

Old 12-15-2007, 01:23 PM
2nd Gear

Alot of Detroit/Windsor workers get high while at work. And they dont get fired because of the CAW/UAW.

Old 12-15-2007, 02:25 PM
4th Gear

Current status of GM, Ford and Chrysler are directly related to current management and the stranglehold the CAW/UAW has on them. The big three have been overshadowed by Toyota.

Toyota will not employ any of the CAW/UAWmembers and no one is complaining and they are building yet another plant in the US

http://www.fastcompany.com/magazine/...isfaction.html

Old 12-15-2007, 03:54 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Nocturnal_A62.7

ORIGINAL: Khardysius

Check it out!
I will give up my Audi, if they will plan to start manuacturing one in US. The American cars are not that bad....it's the idiots working in Detroit that make shitty cars to avenge the management....that was the reason, the guy who put the idea of Saturn, took the car totally outside Detroit. Saturn's are the most reliable of the American lot. The management in Detroit sucks, and the workers too. Having said that, where ever they put a plant, they still can't make anything close to Europeans. Another example...X5 from BMWs have the lowest reliability ratings...cause they are made in USA.
that dosent make sence 95& of the car is made by machine

Old 12-15-2007, 04:55 PM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: S4sweetee

i don't think it's a good idea.
part of the reason i think american cars suck is that the work force here is lazy and doesn't care about the products they put out.
Bingo. I live near Oshawa, Ontario... big GM city. Yeah, I've heard way too many stories about the crap that goes on there. Reason #984 to never buy domestic...

I'd still buy Audi if it were made here, but I would be leery about it.
Look at the mk4 golfs and jettas compared to the german made mk3... the brazillians and mexicans may be to blame, but maybe it was just a poorer design. Mk3's were solid little cars... mk4's rattle and stuff from brand new.

Old 12-16-2007, 04:01 AM

theres a volkswagon plant in tiajuana...like two minutes from the border

I would suspect that the US would prolly put together a more quality VW then mexico

but if VW starts assembling in the US, the pruce of the cars are going to skyrocket

NAFTA FTW!

Quick Reply: Volkswagen plant in America?