Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Verizon iPhone killer?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 01:52 PM
1st Gear

I like the fact you can have a fully charged spare battery on hand

Old 06-07-2009, 06:05 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by headshok2002
Yeah, I ditched my iPhone after 4 months.
Great device with some huge shortcomings.
-poorly executed keyboard (obviously)
-no background apps (WTF?!)
-no copy/paste (this drove me nuts)

So yeah, if Apple had these things, I'd probably own one. Looks like Palm has beat them to the punch, though. All things equal (if Apple catches up), I'd still buy Palm... because Apple is such a damned yuppie company.
Palm makes real solid phones as long as they don't crash. I hate typing emails and having to restart when it crashes and losing all of what I wrote!
BB has been pretty good to me though. So far it never crashed on me and only requires couple of regular hard reset once every month or so. Also the size of these Blackberrys are tiny compared to Palms!

It's gonna be hard for me to decide whether to go with another BB in the future or Palm.

Old 06-07-2009, 08:04 PM
5th Gear

A Palm running the Palm OS should be very stable... a Palm running Windows Mobile may not be so pretty.

Ahh, so Apple gives the good stuff for update 3.0. It still pisses me off that they waited this long. Oh, and your iPhone is A2DP capable, too... but that is also turned off internally. Apple coddles it's customers as if we were infants. I hate the company, but they build solid (albeit strangely configured) products. iPhone construction was top notch... but using it wasn't always fun.

Old 06-11-2009, 03:54 AM
4th Gear

Coming from a 1-year Iphone user...

I ditched it for many reasons some financial and some due to its lack of simple things

-Monthly Bill +100 Dollars
-Poor Coverage/Dropped calls over 50% of the time
-No Copy and Paste
-No MMS
-Crappy TOuch keyboard
-Mediocre battery life

I have had a cell phone with US CELLULAR for 5 years (from work) I just never used it. So it seemed smart to cancel my service with At&t and use my black berry pearl and save myself 1200$ over the course of the next 12 months.

Onto the Pre-I like...also im sure once its up and running in full speeds the apps store will be huge!

def like the apps running in the background. Thats something you couldn't do on the iphone unless u cracked it