Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Vag-Com w/ MAC

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 12:12 PM
Default RE: Vag-Com w/ MAC

I was reading the whole PB vs. iBook above. Honestly, unless you are running heavy graphics/audio/video design REALLY, the iBook is very sufficient and is a lot friendlier on the pocketbook. I know, as I own both.

Now, personally, if you are not looking for something right away, I would suggest waiting for the Intel version of the iBook ... what some are saying will be called a MacBook. This will be the "wave of the future". You'll get a lot of people saying they don't like the fact that Apple is switching to Intels, but they simply don't know the whole story. Results speak for themselves and Apple is making themselves better by the switch. The MacBook Pro is running bench tests that are 4 times faster than my PB and the Mini is up to 5x faster. Those are insane numbers considering how fast my PB is now. I can't wait to see the numbers on the Powermac. PC's will have nothing on the speed of a mac when the "big boys" in the Mac line are released.