Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

UTI?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 07:33 PM
3rd Gear
Default UTI?

Anyone here ever attend or kno someone who has attended UTI (Universal Technical Institute)? I am considering it and wondering how it is.

Old 10-24-2005, 08:27 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: UTI?

oh. i thought you were maybe on the wrong forum because i was thinking (u)rinary (t)ract (i)nfection when i saw the thread [sm=smiley36.gif](lol) sorry , i've just seen the commercials on tv late at night. but it looks like you can you can specialize with different types of cars.

Old 10-24-2005, 09:21 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: 4dot

i was thinking (u)rinary (t)ract (i)nfection when i saw the thread
haha your not the only one, i thought the same thing

Old 10-24-2005, 09:40 PM
4th Gear

You guys are going to love my Speeding Trap Disaster thread then.

Old 10-24-2005, 11:49 PM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: rjplunk9

ORIGINAL: 4dot

i was thinking (u)rinary (t)ract (i)nfection when i saw the thread
haha your not the only one, i thought the same thing
+2...

ORIGINAL: pturbo

You guys are going to love my Speeding Trap Disaster thread then.
That, and my "Who wants a Black Jersey" thread...

Old 10-25-2005, 01:34 AM
2nd Gear

I had 2 friends attend UTI this past year. It Costs Some Dough.
Well one took the course that would only last a year and just graduated last month. LoL the thing is now with him is that UTI offered him a Fairly Nice Occupation, BUT he would ahve to relocate to Pennsylvania first. So Now he's looked at other Mechanic/Auto Technician shops and well He'll still be making More at his current job at Menard's (He's been there a few years) than what the shops want to offer him. So Now he's not sure if he'll use his degree/certificate from there because He can't leave Menards for Less Money(Family Reasons).

The other friend I that went to UTI is still attending it becuase he is taking an additional course to cover Diesel. He will most likely be sent to a dealership when he's done but will Probably have to Move also.

So it depends if your flexible. The school work is HARD (from what they say), Full Time Slot (Either EARLY Morning or Afternoon/Evening Hours) and it costs as always. But You will learn ALOTTTTTT. My friend basically swapped a Turbo Engine from a 93 MR2 into his 91 MR2 by him self within 2 Months, With the help of only a few people and My Dad when he could help out. (I Personally don't know jackshizznit bout cars. )He could do it and was confident because everything he learned at UTI and it was good Experience also.