Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

us grand prix was awesome

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 09:01 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: us grand prix was awesome

yes, it is unbelieveable how quick they are. it seems like they brake from about 210 to 70 in about 50 feet. ridiculous. unlike anything else in the world.

i agree, the only real racing is road racing. i can't stand seeing nascar's taxis drive in circles for 4 hours.

what kind of car do you drive for the skip barber school, apg? sounds like a good time. that is a great track.

Old 07-06-2006, 03:11 AM

Its what they call "formula dodge" basically a open wheel race car. Very simple, corners at 1 g and tops out at 130. Not bad. Fast enough to get me into some trouble. Ill post the video for the 3 day racing school. Its a fun video to watch and it shows the car better than anything else.

http://skipbarber.com/videoFiles/3_D...ing_School.wmv

Old 07-06-2006, 09:23 PM
2nd Gear

ah, yes, i've seen those at mid ohio many times. should be a blast, have fun!

Old 07-09-2006, 03:27 PM
4th Gear

The tool, Montoya, is going to NASCAR next year. Now he can go be the top tool in that series.

What will be great is the first time one of the good ol boys beats Montoya up for driving like a tool.

Old 07-09-2006, 03:34 PM
1st Gear

Now, THAT will be fun to watch..

ORIGINAL: pturbo

The tool, Montoya, is going to NASCAR next year. Now he can go be the top tool in that series.

>"What will be great is the first time one of the good ol boys beats Montoya up for driving like a tool. "<

Old 07-11-2006, 02:08 AM
4th Gear

Kinda thread jacking just to talk about more developments in racing -

Danica considering jump to NASCAR

First, it was Formula One driver Juan Pablo Montoya. Now America's top female driver, Danica Patrick, is considering competing in NASCAR.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/stor...813162&ATT=167

I don't know about this. I wonder if she has the physical strength to drive in NASCAR. Power steering is not an option.

Old 07-11-2006, 04:56 AM

haha nor is it in CART. Personally i met her when she was racing Toyota Atlantic b/c my dad works for the co. that owns Argent which was basically her only sponsor there and she had seats in the pit suite with me. Shes very nice but also very small. I actually found her to be very well spoken and fun. I just hope this press hasnt all gone to her head. I think she could handle NASCAR, i mean its basically a ride of a mary go round.

Old 07-11-2006, 12:05 PM
4th Gear

I'm sure she's a nice person and she's pretty cute too, but that doesn't mean that she has the upper body strength of a guy. I'll bet you big bucks that it is more difficult to turn/drive a stock car for 500mi than it is an IRL car.

Old 07-11-2006, 01:42 PM
1st Gear

It takes more skill to run in Formula One and IRL than it does NASCAR. In F1 you can go from 0-100-0 in 5 sec. Both Juan Pablo and Danica will be fine. They just have to look out for Russ Wheeler in the rear view mirror.

Old 07-11-2006, 01:56 PM
1st Gear

I don't find racing on t.v. worth watching really. Going to the track to watch is a whole different animal. Yeah Nascar does run in a circle for 4 hours but if you watch your driver then its a bunch of 1v1 or 2vs 1 battles between 2 cars doing 180 mph sitting 3 inches from each other. If not then you can just use your binoculars to check how all the hotties walking around the pits Oh and beer, hotdogs, and social atmosphere are what its all about.

Quick Reply: us grand prix was awesome