Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

us grand prix was awesome

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 02:59 AM
2nd Gear
Default us grand prix was awesome

good times drinking with my boys, camping and checking out all the nice rides at the track. all kinds of audis, bmws, ferraris, porsches and other stuff that gives me a car boner. if you ever get a chance to see an f1 car in person, don't pass it up, amazing!

anyone else head out to the race?

Old 07-04-2006, 03:27 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: us grand prix was awesome

It was good to see Ferrari back up to speed. Announcers were talking about Michelin running conservative tires for Indy because of last year. We'll see how things heat back up in France. I hope that Ferrari can give Renault a run for it somehow. And what the hell is up with McLaren? I think Montoya is the biggest tool. I'm so glad that he is outta there for next year. He caused that whole wreck in the first turn on the first lap - by hitting his own teammate. What a monster tool!

Glad you had a good time. I'm going to make it to one eventually.

Old 07-04-2006, 04:35 AM
1st Gear

ouch[]

Old 07-04-2006, 11:23 AM
2nd Gear

I love F1 racing. heres a link to my backround, if y'all want it. F1 Ferrari. Might wanna resize

Old 07-04-2006, 11:36 AM

I never liked it personally because it was too over the top to the average car (sport or otherwise), basically its just a test ground for things to be added to standard cars (hopefully), its cool don't get me wrong but extremely boring watching the same type car running round a track

Old 07-04-2006, 02:36 PM
2nd Gear

that bmw flip was right in front of us, pretty crazy.

i agree, montoya is a monster tool. he's probably the most overrated driver on the grid. i think he's won a total of seven races since he came into f1. i don't think the renaults really showed their true speed w/ the harder michelins. the rest of the season could be pretty interesting though if the ferraris really are that quick again.

Old 07-04-2006, 03:14 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: avant80@2.6

I never liked it personally because it was too over the top to the average car (sport or otherwise), basically its just a test ground for things to be added to standard cars (hopefully), its cool don't get me wrong but extremely boring watching the same type car running round a track
Same car? They're all very different internally, and externally.
You can say that about nascar which is basically a merry go round.

Old 07-04-2006, 03:50 PM
2nd Gear

Was that the infamous "wooden plank" on the bottom of that car... Old tricks are the best tricks...

Old 07-04-2006, 11:22 PM
2nd Gear

i believe they all use wooden planks on the bottom.

Old 07-05-2006, 04:13 AM

i watched it, and it was amazing, i think any car race (sry to say even NASCAR) is amazing to see in person b/c u get to understand the speed they are actually doing. They only race i have ever seen in person is the Long Beach Grand Prix which i have seen numerous times and even got a ride in a pace car there one year. If u ever get the chance to get to ride in a pace car i would recomend it. Its great.

Personally i think the only real racing turns left and right or in other words a road course like F1, champ car, rally, Trans Am etc.. Not nascar or drag racing.,

Cant wait, on August 9-11 i will be learn to race at Laguna Seca from Skop Barber. And that should be amazing. I cant wait till the corkscrew.

Quick Reply: us grand prix was awesome