Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

UPS is a bunch of inbred retards.

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 11:28 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: UPS is a bunch of inbred retards.

i feel exactly the same way about UPS. great service........but as soon as you cross the border they become absolute crooks

i just received my snub mount from APR. $49 US + $15 shipping. to pick it up from the UPS depot cost me another $35 CDN.

thats not even the worst of my experiences. i remember paying a $70 brokerage fee on a $120 package/shipping.

i use USPS whenever possible. the brokerage fees are next to nothing and the speed isn't that bad either. unfortunately most busnineses only deal with 1 shipping compnay and don't like to do special requests due to complications.

Old 09-26-2005, 11:42 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: headshok2002

Yep, I just said with cross-border transactions.

They are fine when you stay within the country. They do a good job within Canada, too. But their border-crossing policies are screwed up! You've gotta have ***** to charge 41 bucks on a 100 dollar item! I mean, people are careful to watch the exchange rates and stuff to save a few %... then WHAMMO! 40% from UPS. Cool!

My bad, im a asshat!

Old 09-27-2005, 12:05 AM
5th Gear

USPS has NO brokerage... since they are government run, they dont have to fill out all the damned paperwork!

UPS lady was saying how if you want to save money, ship USPS... if you want it fast, use UPS.

I tried to explain to her how fast USPS could ship it, for 41 dollars. lol, she didn't grasp the concept.

These are mirrors remember... like, tiny box. Shipping was 10 bucks. Spending 40 bucks would have got them strapped to the side of an F16.

Old 09-27-2005, 06:55 AM
Administrator

tell them that the glass in the mirrors was broke.. and that you want the insurance money on them.. and that you are pissed that they "mishandled your package.." HEHEHE.. then you should get 100 bucks back for that.. minus 49 for brokerage and taxes.. minus the 50 you originally paid.. hmm you should be about even..

Old 09-27-2005, 03:21 PM
2nd Gear

Harsh eh? But yep -- it's the cold hard truth.

I bought some new mirror glass from a guy off the zine... and the ONE time I forget to plead with the shipper to avoid UPS like the plague, he goes and uses the bastards. And, although I'm sure he meant well, he insured them for 100 dollars -- when I paid 40.

So, here's what happens... I paid 40 for them + 10 for shipping (told him USPS was cheap, and good -- and I was happy with that).

So 50 total... now, are you ready for this? Probably not...

The pkg arrives today, and, I am owing 49.28 in brokerage fees. Obviously I'm pissed, as I paid 50 for them! to add 49 is a bit retarded! Then I found out they're insured for 100... they say that as though it should explain everything (this is me talking to UPS on the phone now)...

I try and figure out how it being insured for 100 makes it any better... 8 dollars of the 49 was tax, the other 41 was brokerage. 41 dollars brokerage on a 100 dollar item is INSANE!

Anyways, word to the wise, avoid UPS like a 90 year old prostitute for cross border transactions!

Headshock....how much did the package weigh...10Lb? and where did it come from and go to...I want to check up on this because it does not seem right.

Old 09-27-2005, 03:58 PM
Site Moderator

If you already knew and feel so strongly about how UPS sucks shipping through Canada, you wouldnt have forgotten about making different shipping arrangements. Plus, its Canada, I'd rip you off too.... No just kidding.. That was "harsh." Well, then again, some would agree that is the "cold hard truth."

Old 09-27-2005, 03:59 PM
4th Gear

He'll have to give UPS the broken mirrors.

Old 09-27-2005, 05:05 PM
2nd Gear

USPS has NO brokerage... since they are government run, they dont have to fill out all the damned paperwork!

UPS lady was saying how if you want to save money, ship USPS... if you want it fast, use UPS.

I tried to explain to her how fast USPS could ship it, for 41 dollars. lol, she didn't grasp the concept.

These are mirrors remember... like, tiny box. Shipping was 10 bucks. Spending 40 bucks would have got them strapped to the side of an F16.
I know man it's fooken asshatery of the first order.

I feel for you..

If you were in bc I'd have offered to meet you on your side of the border..and just hand it too you.

Thats a fun drive for me.

*shrugs* canada post, or usps for shipping across our countries. Even tho i have had several usps shipments take 6 weeks to get 40 miles across the canadian border, and one package in reached yellowknife in 4 days :S

Old 09-27-2005, 05:12 PM
2nd Gear

Since I am closer to the boarder than you... I get my stuff shipped to "The UPS Store" in Ogdensburg, NY - about 40 min drive from Ottawa. Actually, you can hit it off the 401.

Its probably a 3-4 hour drive for you, but worth it if the item is expensive. They charge $5 US for signing for things. The customs guys don't care either, tons of people do this every day.

Maybe I should start a business... anyone who wants to avoid duties can ship their stuff there and I will go pick it up for a flat rate.

Old 09-27-2005, 09:58 PM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: abacab

Harsh eh? But yep -- it's the cold hard truth.

I bought some new mirror glass from a guy off the zine... and the ONE time I forget to plead with the shipper to avoid UPS like the plague, he goes and uses the bastards. And, although I'm sure he meant well, he insured them for 100 dollars -- when I paid 40.

So, here's what happens... I paid 40 for them + 10 for shipping (told him USPS was cheap, and good -- and I was happy with that).

So 50 total... now, are you ready for this? Probably not...

The pkg arrives today, and, I am owing 49.28 in brokerage fees. Obviously I'm pissed, as I paid 50 for them! to add 49 is a bit retarded! Then I found out they're insured for 100... they say that as though it should explain everything (this is me talking to UPS on the phone now)...

I try and figure out how it being insured for 100 makes it any better... 8 dollars of the 49 was tax, the other 41 was brokerage. 41 dollars brokerage on a 100 dollar item is INSANE!

Anyways, word to the wise, avoid UPS like a 90 year old prostitute for cross border transactions!

Headshock....how much did the package weigh...10Lb? and where did it come from and go to...I want to check up on this because it does not seem right.
1ZX4X5596843051604 is the tracking #... see UPS.com and select Canada... put in the tracking #, click the little box, then "view package progress"

yeah, it weighs 1.0lb

I'm telling you, UPS is the devil!
-----

And the UPS store thing... I've heard about it, and would likely consider it if I had a gun to my head and HAD to ship UPS again.

Quick Reply: UPS is a bunch of inbred retards.