Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

UPS is a bunch of inbred retards.

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 09:27 PM
5th Gear
Default UPS is a bunch of inbred retards.

Harsh eh? But yep -- it's the cold hard truth.

I bought some new mirror glass from a guy off the zine... and the ONE time I forget to plead with the shipper to avoid UPS like the plague, he goes and uses the bastards. And, although I'm sure he meant well, he insured them for 100 dollars -- when I paid 40.

So, here's what happens... I paid 40 for them + 10 for shipping (told him USPS was cheap, and good -- and I was happy with that).

So 50 total... now, are you ready for this? Probably not...

The pkg arrives today, and, I am owing 49.28 in brokerage fees. Obviously I'm pissed, as I paid 50 for them! to add 49 is a bit retarded! Then I found out they're insured for 100... they say that as though it should explain everything (this is me talking to UPS on the phone now)...

I try and figure out how it being insured for 100 makes it any better... 8 dollars of the 49 was tax, the other 41 was brokerage. 41 dollars brokerage on a 100 dollar item is INSANE!

Anyways, word to the wise, avoid UPS like a 90 year old prostitute for cross border transactions!

Old 09-26-2005, 09:59 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: UPS is a bunch of inbred retards.

every ups package comes with a 100 dollar ins. every 100 there after is 1 buck.

Brokerage fees?

you purchased this through a brokerage? Like using an money broker for high dollar ebay items?

Old 09-26-2005, 10:12 PM
5th Gear

Haha, no! The brokerage fee's are charged because the pkg has to be accepted at the border, and paperwork needs to be filled out declaring everything, and paying the taxes etc.

They likely have some fat UPS slob down at the border eating donuts and scribbling out these forms like a ****...

But yes, for that wonderful service, they have charged me 42 dollars. Oh, they paid the tax for me too -- though I need to pay that back.

Yep, that's worth 42 dollars... ... *cough* This has happened to me once before... accept instead of 49 dollars at the door, it was a hair under 400.

Thats the other thing, if it just some dude filling out paperwork, wtf does the brokerage fee fluxuate so much for!? ASSHATS.

Old 09-26-2005, 10:26 PM
2nd Gear

Ah your in Canukistan.

Now it makes sense.

No slight ment.

I've shipped a bunch of goods to a bud in canada.. Yeah he had to pay tax on it also.

that's life..

drive across the border buy it install it and drive back.

Old 09-26-2005, 10:32 PM
5th Gear

Taxes are fine dude... 8 dollars GST on a 100 dollar item is perfectly fair!

But 41 dollars to have some UPS ***** fill out a form? How about no!

Old 09-26-2005, 10:53 PM
4th Gear

Chris, any chance the ups service is just bad when shipping to canada? Cuz i know in the states ups is one of the best.

Old 09-26-2005, 10:56 PM
5th Gear

Yep, I just said with cross-border transactions.

They are fine when you stay within the country. They do a good job within Canada, too. But their border-crossing policies are screwed up! You've gotta have ***** to charge 41 bucks on a 100 dollar item! I mean, people are careful to watch the exchange rates and stuff to save a few %... then WHAMMO! 40% from UPS. Cool!

Old 09-26-2005, 11:15 PM
1st Gear

Yeah For real there are a bunch of *******
I bought some stuff from ECS Tuning 3 months ago
like it was 80$C total and when I finished payin all the fees
it was over 150$C ?? Way more then if I had just went to the dealer
and ordered the parts...
And ECS is in Cleveland, you can through a stone from canada
Dumb asssss now Im thinking about it it pissses me offfff

Old 09-26-2005, 11:17 PM
Zombie Defense Force

ha fed ex is just as stupid, they delivered my stuff to the wrong adress and then forgot where it went, i spent all today trying to track it down spending lots of time on hold.

Old 09-26-2005, 11:28 PM
1st Gear

i feel exactly the same way about UPS. great service........but as soon as you cross the border they become absolute crooks

i just received my snub mount from APR. $49 US + $15 shipping. to pick it up from the UPS depot cost me another $35 CDN.

thats not even the worst of my experiences. i remember paying a $70 brokerage fee on a $120 package/shipping.

i use USPS whenever possible. the brokerage fees are next to nothing and the speed isn't that bad either. unfortunately most busnineses only deal with 1 shipping compnay and don't like to do special requests due to complications.

Quick Reply: UPS is a bunch of inbred retards.