Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Traffic court question

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 03:44 PM
Default RE: Traffic court question

in the UK they record the data and can be seen on screen sort of instant proof

and you can ask to see the calibration certificate which has to be carried out before the shift starts

Old 06-21-2006, 04:07 PM
3rd Gear

i didnt think you were talking about the calibration certificate, in the us they have the same thing, and you can ask to see it but your not allowed to see the acutal read out of the gun...

Old 06-21-2006, 04:11 PM
3rd Gear

and at any rate this guy lives in NY or so his profle says so any UK laws wouldnt really aply, Ny and CT where im from are very similar i have been to court in NY twice CT about 6 times and MA 2, I have never been turned down in the apeal process the tickets were reduced or through out, but i also only had one ticked.. that was an 85 in a 45, and i bargained with them and just had to make a donation to a charity so i wouldnt get a point. you have to remember they deal with this BS every day and most of the time they dont care, you just have to remember to be nice and look respectable and that will go along way.. if you show up in street cloths your not going to get anywhere...

Old 06-21-2006, 04:14 PM
3rd Gear

another thing if you have a realy hot GF bring her along... it works..

Old 06-21-2006, 04:16 PM

ahh well it seems the law in the USA is not as good as the UK their law seems to be the last rights lol

Old 06-21-2006, 04:17 PM

better to take a pregnant GF or your old mother

Old 06-21-2006, 04:31 PM
3rd Gear

ha... lol I tell you its so easy to get out of a ticket in the us, if you have half a brain you almost there just need to know how to talk to people...
i will tell you a funny story

I ran a stop sign, well i didnt really run, the cop was half way up the road and there were a line of tall trees so i couldnt see him and there was no way he could see me, i made a full stop at the sign then rolled forward to look past the trees and then went, i was in my ex gf mirage (gay car i know) but at any rate my friend in the back seat was drunk so he was mouthing off to the cop and because of that I got a ticket.. so i went to court to try and get ride of it, never been to this court house and got lost on the way in because of all the one way streets. i get there a bit late and there are only two seats left, one next to this rather large not so good looking male, and one next to probibly the hottest girl in the biulding.. You all can figure out where I sat.. so i sat down next to her and made some small talk to pass the time, she was in this really short skirt and a tank top with so hot.. so at any rate we talked th whole time, she lived close to me and we knew a few of the same people, well she went up and when she was done she waved goodbye... well i got up and went after her to get her number, talk to her for a minute or two and she said she had a BF but she had a few roomates and they were all going to have a party the next weekend and gave me the house number..

so my name finally gets called, mind you I took the time to take pics of the stop sgin and where the cop was sitting to prove he couldnt have seen me make a full stop.. there are three prosicuters and a gurad all male.. i get up and all of them surround me, i gt a little worried, well the one prosocuter said.. wow that girl was so dam hot, we all saw you go after her, you got some *****, what the hell hapend... they couldnt have cared less what I did, the prosocuter stoped for a second look at the file for about 10 seconds and then said nully... you are all set... and then went on about how hot that girl was.. i was up there bsing with the prosacuters for like 45 minutes... its was so funny.. the guy didnt even read my case file..

Old 06-21-2006, 07:47 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Trey25

Basically he asked me the "do you know how fast you were going" crap and I told him 60. He said "well I got you going 72" I'm assuming he meant by radar. The thing that pisses me off is everyone drives 10+ over the speed limits, people in the fast lane were flying pass me and I got pulled over[:@] I could care less about the money, I just don't want the damn 6 points off my license.
You keep saying "Everyone goes 10 miles over the speed limit" but you were caught doing 72. Thats 22 mph over the speed limit buddy, I mean comon you're from NY you should know about all the massive speed traps around here. You're even lucky to get away with going 10 over most of the time. I actually heard that doing 20+ over the speed limit can be considered a felony but I duno if its true.

Old 06-21-2006, 07:52 PM
4th Gear

lol thats a great story. Hmmm...now I gotta call up my fine a$$ friend with the D cups or get my model-type apt renter (she owes me, b!cth hasn't paid last 2 months rent) lol