Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Traffic court question

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 02:45 AM
4th Gear
Default Traffic court question

I got a speeding ticket for doing 72 in a 50, well so the cop said. I did see the posted 50mph limit but traffic (as usual) was going around 60+ and I was cruising behind this cab, not even in the freakin fast lane. If it was just the $150 fine I would pay it and tell them to fvck themselves but its also 6 points on my license. So I've decided to fight it in court. The thing is its basically my story against his and I'm doubtful if mine will hold up. You guys got any suggestions to help my case? Thanks.

Old 06-21-2006, 02:58 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Traffic court question

How did he get you, the gun or pacing? How he got you will determine what kind of argument you can make to the judge.
Was it a hghway or reg patrole?

If it ends up your version vs. his, I think you know the outcome.

bastards.

Old 06-21-2006, 03:14 AM
4th Gear

Basically he asked me the "do you know how fast you were going" crap and I told him 60. He said "well I got you going 72" I'm assuming he meant by radar. The thing that pisses me off is everyone drives 10+ over the speed limits, people in the fast lane were flying pass me and I got pulled over[:@] I could care less about the money, I just don't want the damn 6 points off my license.

Old 06-21-2006, 03:19 AM
2nd Gear

So take it to one of the traffic attorneys that can take it down to a traffic ticket. Reduced fine and no points (usually).

Old 06-21-2006, 03:26 AM
2nd Gear

Yeh man i totally hear you. its not the dvm fines, its the insurance surchgs.

he will tell the judge you admitted to 60 mph. so you are already down one. is the fine/points difference btwn 60 & 71 significant

does it say on the tkt how observed or something like that?

where was he, stationary or moving behind you? if you were being passed in outer lane while he was behind its something to argue if he was using radar and not the lazer. could have picked up other cars.

def a tough one.

Old 06-21-2006, 03:54 AM
1st Gear

lawyer up dude. most traffic attorneys cost 200-300. id rather save that extra amount on my insurance. i got a ticket last month and im having my friends dad (top traffic attorney in the state) fight it for me. its not the money for the ticket i just dont want my insurance getting messed up again

Old 06-21-2006, 03:10 PM
3rd Gear

i have been to court numerous times for traffic viloations and speeding just go there and try and fight it on your own, tell the prosicuter that there were people flying by you in the fast lane, most of the time they will through it out or atleast reduce it with no point on your record.

Old 06-21-2006, 03:19 PM
1st Gear

Spam

Lawyer up bro!!!

Ask them when was the last time the machine laser or gun was calibrated? If you know what the use you can find the failure rate for the device and destroy hios whole case.

Old 06-21-2006, 03:25 PM

was it a speed cop with equipment in his car?? did he offer any view of the recorded speed on his equipment??.

if you dispute it on the spot they have to show you proof to help you make a clear decision on guilt (but you said you were doing 60mph there fore admitting you were speeding) those words will be your downfall you should have said nothing just let them tell you (every word you say to them is in your demise its an admiral of guilt as far as the court is concerned)..

pay the fine and its only 3 points if your in the UK which could be reduced in court but a warning here "if you fail to win the court will treble your fine or worse" think before you go ahead with it get professional advice

Old 06-21-2006, 03:37 PM
3rd Gear

actualy they dont have to show you anything, they cant print anything out and they radar units are atatched to the car so the only way they could show you is if you sat in the car..

if you live in the US if you dont have to acept the courts offer and and the prosicuter wont reduce or eliminate the fee then you dont have to go through with the Hearing, you can ask for another court date and come back with a Lawyer

Quick Reply: Traffic court question