Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

totalled my car tonight

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 11:23 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: totalled my car tonight

ORIGINAL: S4sweetee

ORIGINAL: badassb5
Glad to hear you came out with minimal injuries though... broken hand can be delt with....
.......yeah, but.....
...... it still sucks......

Old 11-29-2007, 11:32 AM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

Glad to hear you came out with minimal injuries though... broken hand can be delt with....
.......yeah, but.....
you didn't get my point. i was trying to be funny....oh well

Old 11-29-2007, 11:40 AM
2nd Gear

Can't see the photo(s) here @ work, butI get the idea.
Sorry for your loss, Jayson.

I work in auto ins. claims (total loss experience).
Let me know ifI can help.
If you are able to quickly replace your mods with the stock equipment,I would recommend it. In most situations, you'd get more $$ selling A/M items separately than they would add to the market value of the car. ( In other words, a $1,000 whatz-a-framis may only add $200 to the vehicle's value, but you could sell it used for $500 )
--------
Marshall

Old 11-29-2007, 11:44 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: karguy427

Can't see the photo(s) here @ work, but I get the idea.
Sorry for your loss, Jayson.

I work in auto ins. claims (total loss experience).
Let me know if I can help.
If you are able to quickly replace your mods with the stock equipment, I would recommend it. In most situations, you'd get more $$ selling A/M items separately than they would add to the market value of the car. ( In other words, a $1,000 whatz-a-framis may only add $200 to the vehicle's value, but you could sell it used for $500 )
--------
Marshall
so i wpould have to replace everything i took off before insurance would take the car? do i tell them that before i start doing it?

Old 11-29-2007, 11:49 AM
3rd Gear

.......yeah, but.....
you didn't get my point. i was trying to be funny....oh well
Damn, fail on my part []. Haha, hard to read humor sometimes on the internets, [8D]

Old 11-29-2007, 11:56 AM
1st Gear

glad to see you're ok.. and i hope the insurance company works with you on this one...

Old 11-29-2007, 12:10 PM
2nd Gear

[/quote]
so i wpould have to replace everything i took off before insurance would take the car? do i tell them that before i start doing it?
[/quote]

Yeah - you need to do it before the insurance company takes possession of it. Kind of problematic to do that afterwards..... As to telling them - if they've already inspected it - YES. If not - NO.
One option you MAY have is to retain the salvage (what's left) of the vehicle. They would deduct the value of the salvage from your settlement (the amount they would reasonably expect to get for selling it to a dismantler or rebuilder). Note: Not all states allow this. If you DO go this way, you can try to get it rebuilt yourself, but the vehicle will be titled as 'salvaged' from then on.
Don't know how much mods you're talking about-I assume wheels/tire; CAI, etc. You may want to start to gather ads of vehicles for sale similar to yours - use Auto Trader.com / Cars.com - insurance companies use them too. You'll get an idea of the value range for your vehicle, and also be able to tell if the insurance company's offer is reasonable.
Also......I assume you car's in a tow lot or body shop right now? The insurance company will want to move it to their lot ASAP, as daily storage charges are adding up. (Going rate in San Francisco bay area for instance, is $75/day, just for storing your car - outside.)
--------
Marshall

Old 11-29-2007, 12:26 PM
4th Gear

.......yeah, but.....
Well, it just depends which hand is broken.

Old 11-29-2007, 01:11 PM
1st Gear

ouch I'm sorry about the accident. Last year my buddy hydroplaned and wrecked his passat into a tree. The front end was all smashed up like that and i wasnt wearing my seat belt [sm=nono.gif]but somehow I made it out without a scratch.

Old 11-29-2007, 02:23 PM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

ORIGINAL: MrFlippant

.......yeah, but.....
Well, it just depends which hand is broken.
well ya know what they say....it's kinda like being with a new girlfriend.

Quick Reply: totalled my car tonight